Home

MLB 14 The Show PS4 Hands-On Preview (SI Extra Mustard)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show PS4 Hands-On Preview (SI Extra Mustard) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 14 The Show PS4 Hands-On Preview (SI Extra Mustard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
Yes, on these boards and in the dev blogs you've been clear that there are not 1,000 crowd models. But in other sources, it has been misleading. Case in point, the quote that Drew127 just posted a few posts above where it says explicitly "In the PS4 version we have 1,000 people, so there is just so much variation."

It sounds like Drew is just expressing frustration with the misleading, inconsistent advertising about crowd models, not with the fact that there are not 1,000 crowd models itself.

And you have no idea if that's a misquote or not....

It's amazing the amount of people convinced they are being purposefully lied to, who still buy the game and post on the boards.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:12 PM   #50
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
OCPD'ers? what's the P in that?
There's actually an OCPD joke to be made from your question, but I'll refrain from going further off-topic.

The P is for Personality.

htcONE [M8] | Tapatalk Pro

YouTube

Old 04-14-2014, 02:12 PM   #51
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yes, on these boards and in the dev blogs you've been clear that there are not 1,000 crowd models. But in other sources, it has been misleading. Case in point, the quote that Drew127 just posted a few posts above where it says explicitly "In the PS4 version we have 1,000 people, so there is just so much variation."

It sounds like Drew is just expressing frustration with the misleading, inconsistent advertising about crowd models, not with the fact that there are not 1,000 crowd models itself.

As far as those articles go, I think its more of they misheard what was told to them or they heard what they wanted to hear. Which is fine, happens all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #52
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
And you have no idea if that's a misquote or not....

It's amazing the amount of people convinced they are being purposefully lied to, who still buy the game and post on the boards.

If it's a misquote, SCEA should be on the phone with SI right now trying to get it fixed right? Wouldn't want those casual gamers who don't read the Operation Sports forums to get the wrong impression and then be disappointed. Sports Illustrated is a major publication, you would assume they have a high degree of professionalism when it comes to quoting sources.

As for me, I couldn't care less about not getting 1,000 crowd models. I'm more than happy with the 200-300 that we'll get. I was just pointing out that Drew127 was completely justified in pointing out the misleading quote without having the cavalcade of white knights jump down his throat.

It's amazing the amount of people who think they need to jump to the defense of the game & the developers at the drop of a hat, over nothing. Even constructive criticism is treated with disdain by a majority of people on this board. I'm pretty sure they look like this

Old 04-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
If it's a misquote, SCEA should be on the phone with SI right now trying to get it fixed right? Wouldn't want those casual gamers who don't read the Operation Sports forums to get the wrong impression and then be disappointed. Sports Illustrated is a major publication, you would assume they have a high degree of professionalism when it comes to quoting sources.

As for me, I couldn't care less about not getting 1,000 crowd models. I'm more than happy with the 200-300 that we'll get. I was just pointing out that Drew127 was completely justified in pointing out the misleading quote without having the cavalcade of white knights jump down his throat.

It's amazing the amount of people who think they need to jump to the defense of the game & the developers at the drop of a hat, over nothing. Even constructive criticism is treated with disdain by a majority of people on this board. I'm pretty sure they look like this

And what do people with your persecution complex look like?

Also in what world were casual players going to count the number of individual fans in the crowd and get mad that it was really around 300 instead of 1000? The only reason anybody knows the real number of fans is because Russell said it, yet all the complainers are treating it like they got caught in a lie or something.

Just because that article was released this week, doesn't mean the conversation with Russell just happened. But you are right, SCEA should spare no expense to ensure no media outlet is less than 100% accurate. The amount of lost sales from casuals who pay attention to pre release material and then not buy something over discrepancies must be through the roof.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
In what world were casual players going to count the number of individual fans in the crowd and get mad that it was really around 300 instead of 1000? The only reason anybody knows the real number of fans is because Russell said it, yet all the complainers are treating it like they got caught in a lie or something.
So, in your opinion, it's ok to print something that isn't accurate about a product just because no one will notice anyways? I'm not even pointing the finger at who is to blame for the misinformation. I'm simply pointing out that it's there, and it can't be argued. Is it a big deal? No. But I've seen this same line delivered in multiple places, and as a consumer who cares about accurate facts being portrayed about a product, I take issue with it on principle alone.

I appreciate the transparency of the dev team on this message board. The game looks great, and I can't wait to play it. However, that doesn't mean I'm not going to point something out that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Even if it's suicide among the masses who will immediately try to silence or belittle anyone who dare says one negative thing about the game, no matter how insignificant the complaint is, and no matter how constructively the negative opinion is vocalized.

Last edited by Drew127; 04-14-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:22 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
So, in your opinion, it's ok to print something that isn't accurate about a product just because no one will notice anyways? I'm not even pointing the finger at who is to blame for the misinformation. I'm simply pointing out that it's there, and it can't be argued. Is it a big deal? No. But I've seen this same line delivered in multiple places, and as a consumer who cares about accurate facts being portrayed about a product, I take issue with it on principle alone.

I appreciate the transparency of the dev team on this message board. The game looks great, and I can't wait to play it. However, that doesn't mean I'm not going to point something out that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Even if it's suicide among the masses who will immediately try to silence or belittle anyone who dare says one negative thing about the game, no matter how insignificant the complaint is, and no matter how constructively the negative opinion is vocalized.

And hopefully you feel better from having a forum to get your opinion out there, because in the end that is the only result, you or anyone else pointing out such trivial things will get from it. I guarantee you that SCEA wishes everything printed were 100% as intended. I can also guarantee you that tracking every little thing said about the game for accuracy and getting it corrected is not worth the time or effort in a cost vs. benefit analysis. You can point out such inconsequential things until you are blue in the face and people that don't live in fantasy land will say ok and move on to important things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2014, 01:46 AM   #56
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Lol direct quote
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p?p=2046111664

Sent from my LG-L40G using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »