Home

Getting the game early?!?

This is a discussion on Getting the game early?!? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #81
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Getting the game early?!?

Northwest Indiana/Chicagoland area. LMK.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #82
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0

Waited this long what's an extra few days..

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 04-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #83
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's true.

There's already been a dozen examples proving it posted this year alone.
Well, I've spoken to enough people who bought games early at Walmart... so I dunno how it works, then.

I just asked my wife about it (she worked at a Walmart a couple of years ago). According to her, it probably takes a fluke situation where you get a cashier who is experienced enough to know override codes or workarounds to force transactions through, but also inexperienced enough to not know they're not supposed to force that particular kind of transaction through.

I'm not sure how to work the situation to get just such a cashier considering they make you ring up the game back in the electronics department as soon as they take it out of the locked case -- so you're stuck with a cashier who probably knows the electronics section's policies and protocols.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #84
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
Waited this long what's an extra few days..
Yeah, this is pretty much the answer.

I could understand wanting a single-player game like Grand Theft Auto or The Last of Us early. Games like that don't need roster updates, and because they're not annual releases like sports titles, they probably have fewer huge problems out of the box that require the first patch to make them playable. And you might actually find the single-player mode more enjoyable before release with games like that, because nobody has spoiled the story for you yet (which will happen within a day or two of those games being released).

I don't see the big deal with getting a sports game early, though.

There's really not much for me to do if I got The Show a week early. I'd get my sliders and my custom cameras situated. I'd check out all the stadiums and uniforms, to see how they look on the new console. And then I'd wait for the rosters to come out so I can really do anything.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:45 PM   #85
MVP

You should see the look on guys faces if I ever walk into a store with my cane to buy a game! They're like, "you're getting it for you? But how do you play it!" And I say, "well, these pretty thick glasses I'm wearing aren't exactly for show."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 08:03 PM   #86
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Northampton Pa.
I grew up in Northampton!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #87
MVP

Are you serious? lol! I moved here in 9th grade so I wouldn't have to go to Elizabeth high school in Nj. Whent to Northampton high school.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #88
Rookie

Cubs1984Nostaglia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Yeah, this is pretty much the answer.

I could understand wanting a single-player game like Grand Theft Auto or The Last of Us early. Games like that don't need roster updates, and because they're not annual releases like sports titles, they probably have fewer huge problems out of the box that require the first patch to make them playable. And you might actually find the single-player mode more enjoyable before release with games like that, because nobody has spoiled the story for you yet (which will happen within a day or two of those games being released).

I don't see the big deal with getting a sports game early, though.

There's really not much for me to do if I got The Show a week early. I'd get my sliders and my custom cameras situated. I'd check out all the stadiums and uniforms, to see how they look on the new console. And then I'd wait for the rosters to come out so I can really do anything.

THIS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »