Home

Rebuilding Project

This is a discussion on Rebuilding Project within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #25
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Rebuilding Project

Mets are a big rebuild too that nobody has mentioned. I'm going with either Padres, Brewers (would trade Braun and go from there), Astros or Rockies (again, would probably trade Tulo and/or Cargo and completely rebuild)

At the moment I'm leaning toward the Padres because I like their park, they don't have any big names, and have solid, but not elite prospects. Would really have to work to establish a identity and star to build around there. My second choice is probably the Rockies. One interesting way to start with them would be trading Tulo or Cargo to a major market team (Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, any of the teams that aren't afraid to make a big splash like that) for prospects and/or pitching

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2014, 11:09 PM   #26
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
I think I'm going the marlins this year and I actually really like their park.

Yes the HR thing is a bit ugly but the park itself is good. I love all of the MLB parks (including Trop and Oco). In an age where everyone has built retro modern ball parks I think marlins park really stands out of the crowd with its ultra futuristic/modern design.

All personal opinion of course but I like what they did.
Agreed. Big fan of the stadiums that stray from the norm. I can only think of one or two stadiums I don't like, so I guess I'm not the best person to answer these kinds of things.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 04-26-2014, 11:20 PM   #27
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2thaz
Phillies would be a tough rebuild. They're top talent is in their 30's. No farm system at all with the exception of one or two guys. That would be a project
This too. I'm a big Phillies fan, and there isn't much outside of Franco, Biddle, and Crawford waiting in the minors. Most of the young guys we have in the majors outside of Brown are big question marks. Huge payroll, though, which certainly makes things easier.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 04-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
I say the Yankees qualify as a massive rebuilding project, a very fun one as well with all the expectations you'll have. I really hope to land NYY in my random franchise draw. If not, I'll enjoy seeing how they move controlled by the cpu
The Yankees are my favorite team so I always use them anyway. But they will be a good team to use if you want a rebuild project. They have a lot of guys into their mid-30's and their farm system is not very good.

Ichiro - 40
H.Kuroda - 39
D.Jeter - 39
A.Soriano - 38
A.Rodriguez - 38
C.Beltran -37
B.Roberts - 36
M.Teixeira - 34
C.Sabathia - 33
Old 04-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #29
Rookie

Jeff8275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartone33
The Yankees are my favorite team so I always use them anyway. But they will be a good team to use if you want a rebuild project. They have a lot of guys into their mid-30's and their farm system is not very good.

Ichiro - 40
H.Kuroda - 39
D.Jeter - 39
A.Soriano - 38
A.Rodriguez - 38
C.Beltran -37
B.Roberts - 36
M.Teixeira - 34
C.Sabathia - 33
Yeah I agree about the Yankees. I'm a lifelong Yankee fan and in years past I almost felt guilty using the Yankees because they were always so good. Now our farm system is a train wreck, our major league roster is full of guys who are way overpaid and long past their prime. So rebuilding you have to really stock both the major league cupboard and the minor league cupboard. Not an easy thing to do. Of course that depends on trade logic in the game which I'm hoping is very realistic.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #30
MVP

dpower15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff8275
Yeah I agree about the Yankees. I'm a lifelong Yankee fan and in years past I almost felt guilty using the Yankees because they were always so good. Now our farm system is a train wreck, our major league roster is full of guys who are way overpaid and long past their prime. So rebuilding you have to really stock both the major league cupboard and the minor league cupboard. Not an easy thing to do. Of course that depends on trade logic in the game which I'm hoping is very realistic.
Even if the logic isn't great, you can always restrain the trades yourself. So like if you're trading ARod, even though the CPU might be willing to give you one of its top prospects, just trade him for one or two mid level prospects with potential to be maybe a middle reliever or utility player, nobody that would be an every day player/star in the future.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:14 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Mets are a big rebuild too that nobody has mentioned.
Agreed. The Mets have some young pitching, but pretty much no hitting in the minors (Nimmo and Smith are years away). On the ML roster, the outfield is a mess unless you believe in Lagares (and even if you do...), while the only star hitter is now 31 and would need to seriously be considered as a trading chip.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2014, 02:54 PM   #32
MVP

dpower15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverarity
Agreed. The Mets have some young pitching, but pretty much no hitting in the minors (Nimmo and Smith are years away). On the ML roster, the outfield is a mess unless you believe in Lagares (and even if you do...), while the only star hitter is now 31 and would need to seriously be considered as a trading chip.

They are the biggest rebuild in my opinion, I just can't bring myself to play as a team from New York lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »