Home

Batting helmets

This is a discussion on Batting helmets within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #9
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Batting helmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude731
If this can be fixed vi patch (unlikely) they should fix the Rockies alt jersey (black sleeves, not purple) and perhaps nats socks to red. I could go on all day
No point in buying the game, it's filled with mistakes.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rolls-eyes.jpg (13.2 KB, 210 views)
Old 04-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
He didn't say anything about not buying the game. He's pointing out uniform mistakes that shouldn't even be there anyway. Don't be so rash and jump to conclusions trying to be a doosh to the guy.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

So I guess there is no middle ground. If there is anything that someone personally dislikes about the game it means it's worthless to them, right? How dare anyone mention something they notice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #12
Rookie

zfarrow's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
So I guess there is no middle ground. If there is anything that someone personally dislikes about the game it means it's worthless to them, right? How dare anyone mention something they notice.
Love this game (pre-ordered and can't wait to play!) - but I definitely would love to see some of the uniform mistakes fixed. It looks like its happening for a few teams. I know its a sore subject for a lot of folks, but honestly if your favorite team has the wrong color socks in every road game (my favorite team is the Nats), you want to see it fixed. Its not a game-breaker by any means, but its definitely one of the things I've been hoping to see fixed this year.

Seeing the Blue Jays jersey color fixed gives me hope! Also, I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but I noticed in the latest Monday video that the Orioles batting helmets have been fixed (check the Chris Davis homer, they now have the white on the front of the helmet).

In other news, the game looks amazing and I cannot wait to play! Lets just try and have a little understand and grace towards people whose favorite teams have uniform mistakes. I know everyone is tired of hearing about it, but try to imagine what it'd be like if that was your team.

::steps down from soapbox::
Old 04-29-2014, 10:33 AM   #13
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedBottle
He didn't say anything about not buying the game. He's pointing out uniform mistakes that shouldn't even be there anyway. Don't be so rash and jump to conclusions trying to be a doosh to the guy.
It was more because "he could go on all day." His comment turned to whining rather than constructive criticism. It's one thing to say to point out an error so it gets passed along, it's another to start listing things to be fixed via a patch right after someone pointed out that uniform fixes will not be included in any patch. It quit adding value to the conversation.

I feel as though there needs to be a general uniform mistake thread where you first state the team name (to make it easier to search) then what needs to be addressed. No need for a million threads for each minor mistake, or threads getting derailed by these types of issues. Simply go to that thread, search your team name to see mistakes people have found before posting. Nothing else should be posted there and it would give someone like Russell a single place to pass on suggestions to the appropriate internal person. A post would look something like this:

Colorado Rockies:

Alt jersey sleeves should be black, not purple
Old 04-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #14
Rookie

zfarrow's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I feel as though there needs to be a general uniform mistake thread where you first state the team name (to make it easier to search) then what needs to be addressed. No need for a million threads for each minor mistake, or threads getting derailed by these types of issues. Simply go to that thread, search your team name to see mistakes people have found before posting. Nothing else should be posted there and it would give someone like Russell a single place to pass on suggestions to the appropriate internal person. A post would look something like this:

Colorado Rockies:

That's a good thought
Old 04-29-2014, 10:37 AM   #15
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
Read my post above to understand my point of view. Also, i should have added SARCASM to my post because that was obviously lost. Didn't mean to hate on the guy, just being sarcastic because there are people out that they view these mistakes as SCEA not caring (and a reason not to buy this "updated rosters" game because they are there year after year).

EDIT: This guy is why I made the sarcastic remark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMet2488
Bayman has confirmed that there were no uniform slots added for the PS4 version.

That tells me the Mets blue home/away uniforms didn't make it in for a 2nd straight season despite being in the style guide...

I'll be saving my money for next years game...

Last edited by SVCbearcat10; 04-30-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #16
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfarrow
Love this game (pre-ordered and can't wait to play!) - but I definitely would love to see some of the uniform mistakes fixed. It looks like its happening for a few teams. I know its a sore subject for a lot of folks, but honestly if your favorite team has the wrong color socks in every road game (my favorite team is the Nats), you want to see it fixed. Its not a game-breaker by any means, but its definitely one of the things I've been hoping to see fixed this year.

Seeing the Blue Jays jersey color fixed gives me hope! Also, I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but I noticed in the latest Monday video that the Orioles batting helmets have been fixed (check the Chris Davis homer, they now have the white on the front of the helmet).

In other news, the game looks amazing and I cannot wait to play! Lets just try and have a little understand and grace towards people whose favorite teams have uniform mistakes. I know everyone is tired of hearing about it, but try to imagine what it'd be like if that was your team.

::steps down from soapbox::
Sore subject doesn't even begin to describe it.

Quote:
It was more because "he could go on all day." His comment turned to whining rather than constructive criticism. It's one thing to say to point out an error so it gets passed along, it's another to start listing things to be fixed via a patch right after someone pointed out that uniform fixes will not be included in any patch. It quit adding value to the conversation.

Colorado Rockies:

Most of these "mistakes" aren't mistakes at all. SCEA is bound strictly to what the MLB style guide contains. Even if it is not what they wear on the field. The only mistake I see was the Blue Jays shade of blue, all of the rest of the things like the Rockies black jersey and Nats socks are most likely style guide issues.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »