Home

Online Head to Head Impressions

This is a discussion on Online Head to Head Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 02:33 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Online Head to Head Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Here are two examples of what the lag looks like online:

The first play was just visual lag, as the runner was actually called out at third, despite the weird teleporting animation.

The second play had even more messed up visual lag, in addition to some input lag when I rounded third base. I told my runner to hold up at third, but he kept running home like I was still holding down the left bumper.
Wow that's atrocious!!!

Do you see these warping issues often? Also did the user fielding see his third baseman run up to scoop the bunt or did he truly see him on third for the out? Another words is this only cosmetic or is this warping affecting outcomes of plays?
Old 05-07-2014, 02:34 PM   #34
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Wow that's atrocious!!!

Do you see these warping issues often? Also did the user fielding see his third baseman run up to scoop the bunt or did he truly see him on third for the out? Another words is this truly only cosmetic or is this warping affecting outcomes of plays?
those are cosmetic
Old 05-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is my first year with TS...all I ever heard in the past was how great the online is/was and compared to MLB2K I couldn't wait and now I'm a little skeptical although I've yet to try and online game. I've never quite understood how EA can get it right with Madden and all of the FPS games seems to run OK...but in comparison to 2K baseball the FPS games all run great. There's so much less going on in a baseball game (action) compared to football, FPS, basketball, etc I just don't know how they can't get it right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Looks like we going to pass on the game after talking it over from what we have seen and read. We are going to just hold out for EA UFC and see if its worth the purchase.

Last edited by Phobia; 05-07-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeszcz
This is my first year with TS...all I ever heard in the past was how great the online is/was and compared to MLB2K I couldn't wait and now I'm a little skeptical although I've yet to try and online game. I've never quite understood how EA can get it right with Madden and all of the FPS games seems to run OK...but in comparison to 2K baseball the FPS games all run great. There's so much less going on in a baseball game (action) compared to football, FPS, basketball, etc I just don't know how they can't get it right?
Some might disagree with the bold, but I do agree with you. When games such as battlefield 4 feature 64 players, all the information having to be rendered for each person, such as the physics of building destruction and no warping such as this.

I can't pin point what the exact issue is, but it has to be a poor foundation for the networking guys to deliver a smooth product. After so many years you would think it would of been worked out by now, yet that has never happened.

I have owned almost every The Show since 09 and I will admit this has been my biggest beef. From this year on out, I will not purchase until this gets fixed. It is flat out terrible in 2014 they can't deliver a smooth online experience. Reviews should be hitting the game hard on this fact, when online gaming is front and center important, it should not be glossed over that this part of the game does not work correctly.

They should not be losing a sale because they can't deliver a good online experience. Sorry for the rambling just highly frustrated, it is all jacked up yet again.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #38
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I'd just like to hear some explanations on how being online causes some of these problems. The fielding is so bad online, it was never this bad on PS3 (prior to this season). They clearly tried something new this year, and based on what I'm seeing nothing has been fixed. Still plenty of freezing (more on PS4 than PS3). If you're playing wireless please get wired, otherwise you're never going to get decent results.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #39
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I finally was able to play a friend online today and we just finished up a game. I was able to hit and field with no issues whatsoever, and the game was smooth minus a couple of times where a cutscene froze for a moment or so. I ended up shutting him out 6-0, but when I tried to give him a rematch we were unable to connect to each other through the challenge system again. It's unfortunate because I really enjoyed myself online. Hopefully the game I had today is a good representation of what I can expect once everything is running on point.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #40
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Day 2 has played better but still see some occasional morph sliding, and graphical things not matching up in real time on screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »