Home

Issues with Analog fielding?

This is a discussion on Issues with Analog fielding? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #9
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Issues with Analog fielding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I use analog for fielding and I noticed back in mlb12 I would have a lot of throwing errors, but I figured out if you turn off the fielding meter it help eliminate the throwing errors, I believe with it off it basically just relies on the fielder throwing attributes. so far I have had no errors on throws and it looks better not having a throwing meter on the screen.
I may try this. Do you literally have no errors, though? I just want a realistic number, not eight plus a game.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:28 PM   #10
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I may try this. Do you literally have no errors, though? I just want a realistic number, not eight plus a game.
You will still have some errors, a way more realistic amount of errors than what you have been, I can't say it make errors at random, but if say your shortstop has a poor arm and throwing ability he will produce more errors than a guy who has a elite arm and throwing ability. I'm not sure on how it all works but I notice with having the meter off I made a lot less errors on throws.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #11
Rookie

It was especially awful in my career with a 2b with like 40 throw accuracy. I was making 3-5 errors a game with my guy alone on throwing errors.

When I played a game as the Dodgers vs the Giants I had no problem with throwing errors the whole time under the same settings, seems like lower rated guys just get punished really hard or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #12
Rookie

I'm glad that I'm not the only one having this issue with the analog fielding. I also keep having 3-4 errors a game on veteran throwing difficulty. That was the method I used and preferred in previous games and want to stick with it now. It just seems a little too unforgiving currently. Hopefully rookie throwing difficulty will help, and/or I'll just have to get better
Old 05-08-2014, 01:48 AM   #13
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Issues with Analog fielding?

I went all the way down to rookie and I still throw way too many errors.
Back to buttons...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »