Home

Help with stat degradation in RTTS at high level.

This is a discussion on Help with stat degradation in RTTS at high level. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Help with stat degradation in RTTS at high level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub
Accurate that you're not getting enough experience at the majors, and you're getting rusty because of it and need more time in the minors. You hear managers talking about sending promising players back to the minors so they can play everyday instead of languishing on a major league bench. That's what this is, an attempt to show that in the game.
It's fine that I'm not a starter. I'm not good enough to be one. I SHOULD be in AAA still. But that doesn't mean the game shouldn't adjust the timer or qualifications for my guy to maintain my attributes.

It is basically impossible for me to not get slower without using those reserve stubs that I have, and that's not realistic. MLB bench players don't get slower because they are on the bench. They tend to not play as well as they would if they were starters, sure, but their skills don't diminish.

The punishment for being a bench player is that I don't get a lot of points, so it's hard to improve. But the punishment shouldn't ALSO be "oh yeah, and you also get worse too". Makes sense to not improve, doesn't make sense to deteriorate.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
It's fine that I'm not a starter. I'm not good enough to be one. I SHOULD be in AAA still. But that doesn't mean the game shouldn't adjust the timer or qualifications for my guy to maintain my attributes.

It is basically impossible for me to not get slower without using those reserve stubs that I have, and that's not realistic. MLB bench players don't get slower because they are on the bench. They tend to not play as well as they would if they were starters, sure, but their skills don't diminish.

The punishment for being a bench player is that I don't get a lot of points, so it's hard to improve. But the punishment shouldn't ALSO be "oh yeah, and you also get worse too". Makes sense to not improve, doesn't make sense to deteriorate.
Some guys do, though. They lose touch of their developed skills and have to go get them back.

It is silly that you lose speed, though. That's something only old age or injury should affect.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:19 PM   #35
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

If I remember from before release that Ramone or someone said it would be much harder get an maintain all 99's. I don't think that they want it like previous years where my player had 99's across the board and not only was able to maintain it but also bank the max number of points (9,999)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 04:22 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
If I remember from before release that Ramone or someone said it would be much harder get an maintain all 99's. I don't think that they want it like previous years where my player had 99's across the board and not only was able to maintain it but also bank the max number of points (9,999)
That's fine and good, but they went from one extreme to the other. The compromise would have been to still allowed incremental additions to attributes to maintain them, but just have them affect 1 attribute at a time, instead of 2 or 3.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #37
Rookie

Hammettf2b's Arena

OVR: 2

question about potential. What does it really do? I have a C potential right now, can that potential rating go up or down based on what im doing on the field? Obviously you can reach the upper 90's as an overall at any potential since the OP said he had a D potential. But is that the definitive reason why he cant maintain his high overall or is it just the way the points system works in this game?
Old 05-08-2014, 04:41 PM   #38
Rookie

duc748s's Arena

OVR: 2

I think this system is a good start and so far like it's implementation in the game (so far). I think the issue here is that the game doesn't recognize the bench player and their role in the system for the award of points. I think the game needs to identify the bench player and award more points on their results because they typically only play around 2 innings or so. So maybe award 2x modifier for the points earned?
Old 05-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #39
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0

I know that 99's across the board should never happen. Even 99 rated players aren't max across the board. Certainly not in real life as well so I understand why they changed it. I don't see myself hit worse if my contract is say 95 instead of 99..it's still smoking.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 05-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #40
MVP

I don't think you guys are completely understanding what is happening here. I wish I had a million stubs points to give you this example, but here is a certain scenario that could occur.....

You get your guy to all 99 everything.

After the 20-30 days or whatever the timer is on your untouched attributes, they will start to get a yellow down arrow. After about a week or so, that arrow will turn red and that attribute will drop 1 point. So now all your stuff is at 98. The timer does NOT then restart another 20-30 days. It will soon drop ANOTHER point if you don't upgrade that attribute. So now you are at 97 for everything. So you finally get up enough points to upgrade one of those back up to 98. But in the meantime, everything has dropped again to 96. So now you play and earn enough to bring one of those 96's back up to 97. But before you can do that, everything else drops to 95., and then 94, and so on....

You CAN NOT keep up with adding 400 pts to every stat before a week passes and everything drops again. It's a battle against the timer you can never win. So by the time you get that one attribute BACK up to 99. Everything else may be at 90. It's just WAY to much to manage. Even if you are let's say....90 in every attribute. That means you are just changing the formula from 400 to let's say, 330 or so. It will still end up killing you, and that's the big problem here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »