Home

Any way to practice fielding?

This is a discussion on Any way to practice fielding? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2014, 05:17 PM   #17
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Any way to practice fielding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
There should be a setting to make it like that.
There is...its called classic.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is there any mode to practice fielding??

Old 05-25-2014, 09:00 PM   #19
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdjzhen
Is there any mode to practice fielding??

yep community challenges no issues here with practicing fielding
Old 05-25-2014, 10:31 PM   #20
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kguy
Also I'm having trouble throwing to the correct bases. I'm playing RTTS as shortstop. I am on Button mode for fielding. According to the control guide, it says I should it Circle to throw to first. However when I do this it throws to third base. I have to hit Square to throw to first? Likewise when I hit Triangle it throws to Home instead of second. WTH?

Yeah think about it like this... look at your controller... the buttons are in the exact shape of a diamond.

When you're playing with the view from behind the catcher (in franchise or exhibition mode), the diamond looks like this

....2B....
3B....1B
.....H.....

when you're playing RTTS and your view is flipped, and you're facing home plate, the diamond looks like this

.....H.....
1B ...3B
....2B....

It only makes sense for the controls to flip. You shouldn't even have to think about it. You're looking at the diamond on the screen, push the button that corresponds, relative to your view of the field, of which base you want. So pushing circle to throw to first, when you're facing home plate, wouldn't make any sense.

Just remember that the base buttons are always relative to your view of the field, it should be intuitive rather than something you have to memorize.

Last edited by Madden's Jowels; 05-25-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels

Just remember that the base buttons are always relative to your view of the field, it should be intuitive rather than something you have to memorize.
By default the controls are from the fielding perspective, but you can change it in the RTTS mode specific settings to be the same as from the catcher's perspective.

So if you want the controls to be the same across all game modes you can have it that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #22
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaBoomer
By default the controls are from the fielding perspective, but you can change it in the RTTS mode specific settings to be the same as from the catcher's perspective.

So if you want the controls to be the same across all game modes you can have it that way.

That would be way too confusing to me lol. It's such a simple thing to throw to hit the button on your controller that corresponds to the base you want relative to which direction you're looking. I don't even think about it. If I flipped it to be the same across all modes, I'd have to stop and think in RTTS mode "wait... remember... everything's backwards... which button do I want again?" and then by then the runner would be rounding 2nd lol
Old 05-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
That would be way too confusing to me lol. It's such a simple thing to throw to hit the button on your controller that corresponds to the base you want relative to which direction you're looking. I don't even think about it. If I flipped it to be the same across all modes, I'd have to stop and think in RTTS mode "wait... remember... everything's backwards... which button do I want again?" and then by then the runner would be rounding 2nd lol
It all depends on the user I guess. That's why there's so many settings.

I flip back and forth between RTTS and Franchise a lot in the same session, so I like to keep the controls the same across the board. If not, when I get into RTTS I would usually forget to invert my throws. But I use analog, not buttons.

Since the analog controls are so sensitive, and I've finally gotten used to throwing on veteran difficulty without 5+ errors per game, I like to keep it the same so I don't have to "relearn" how to throw with the analog in the opposite direction.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:01 PM   #24
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Im the opposite. I cannot get used to the fielder's perspective. I guess I learned the buttons by memory moreso than how they correspond with the bases. Plus the fact I've used circle or B (Xbox) or that C> button on N64 for all of my baseball games the past 15 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »