Home

Things you want fixed in a patch.

This is a discussion on Things you want fixed in a patch. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #33
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Things you want fixed in a patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aensland
Just played in Wrigley Field today for the first time and noticed there was no organ music being played there. Previous MLB: The Shows had that unique feature in Chicago.
Another issue with Wrigley is the ivy is fully grown by the first game of the season. Last years game it wouldn't fully grown for the first month or two.

Not a huge deal but last night the announcer actually made a comment about the ivy not being fully grown yet but it was.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #34
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkWGrizwold
Fix the weather issue so that the players don't auto wear long sleeves during night games, thought this would have been fixed by now since it's been going on from 07 on.
How you don't have a Blackhawk or Bears logo with a username like that is beyond me.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 05-17-2014, 09:44 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316
Another issue with Wrigley is the ivy is fully grown by the first game of the season. Last years game it wouldn't fully grown for the first month or two.

Not a huge deal but last night the announcer actually made a comment about the ivy not being fully grown yet but it was.
Now that's you've mentioned it I've just noticed. Not sure if those cuts were intended, or perhaps they've just flat out forgotten about it, especially considering they did claim the stadiums were built from scratch.

Nothing game breaking, but Wrigley's atmosphere did take a hit compared to previous years IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2014, 09:44 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 20

Umpires are completely lifeless; it wasn't always like this - something is wrong somewhere, like the majority bulk of umpire audio isn't playing.

Listen to this umpire for a little bit

1. "Thaaat's a ball"
2. "Nooooo"
3. "BALL!"
4. "Nope. Ball four."

Next batter:

1. "Striiiiiike!!"
2. "That's off the cornaaar"
3. "Ball."
4. "Nope. That's inside." (or maybe "that thing's up"?)
5. "HUUUUH!"

That's nine pitches, NINE DIFFERENT ump callouts. The umps in this game are not doing ANYTHING CLOSE to that. They're not saying anything at all roughly 50% of the time, heck 75% of the time, and rest of the time they're saying like five things. Again, it's as if the bulk of these files aren't being triggered for whatever reason.

Very displeased with this. Please fix.

edit: And while I'm on the subject of audio, please throw some helicopters, biplanes and airplanes onto the ambient track. It's one of the only elements of atmosphere that the game is missing. Well I mean BESIDES UMPIRES THAT TALK. :P

Cheers.

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 05-17-2014 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #37
Banned

Mets1986's Arena

Well certainly having my home team uniform would be nice, but i also think, not as much as a "patch", but maybe an "addition" for next year may be "controller sensitivity".

I think now that we've gone to Player Lock, and even on RTTS the controller just seems too sensitive as compared to last year, and that affects my stride, hitting, pitching, reaction and fielding on analog.

Perhaps if we can lower the sensitivity it may bring us back to what we were used too last year. I mean fielders just run waaay too fast (even when sliders are set to its lowest), almost to a point of being ridiculous and hard to control. Lowering your sensitivity can go a long way.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:18 PM   #38
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX

You don't think it's weird that at night time games the players have two pairs of shadows. I'm pretty sure that's incorrect and really off.
4 light sources of relatively equal brightness when they hit an object will give you 4 shadows in real life.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #39
Banned

Pickoffs - They seem broken to me, always getting thrown out, Ai throws over excessively if you take a decent lead-off, sometimes 7-8 times in a row.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #40
Banned

Mets1986's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Pickoffs - They seem broken to me, always getting thrown out, Ai throws over excessively if you take a decent lead-off, sometimes 7-8 times in a row.
Lol. Yep. Me too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »