Home

franchise error CE-34878-0

This is a discussion on franchise error CE-34878-0 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #17
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: franchise error CE-34878-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Good luck as I have had it happen numerous times now and again it isnt isolated to MLB The Show. I also experienced same error code while just trying to watch the PS E3 event via the E3 App on PS4
Yep. This error has been discussed all over the PS forums for a couple of months now. It is not just isolated to The Show. It has been experienced by many: playing various games, watching vids, etc... on the PS4. I have not encountered it with The Show, but I did have it occur one time while playing Fifa.

Last edited by RGmoney; 07-01-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #18
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
Yep. This error is has been discussed all over the PS forums for a couple of months now. It is not just isolated to The Show. I have not encountered it with The Show, but I did have it occur one time while playing Fifa.
I find it surprising that there's no consistency to it. I wonder if you go offline before every game, would that matter? It seems from some things I've read that it's the Playstation Network causing some of the problems. But then again, I don't really know.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 07-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #19
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I find it surprising that there's no consistency to it. I wonder if you go offline before every game, would that matter? It seems from some things I've read that it's the Playstation Network causing some of the problems. But then again, I don't really know.
There actually is some consistency to this error. If you make it to the middle innings of your game, you are fine (in my experience). The error happens almost always in the 2nd inning. So a first inning in-game save is a good idea.

SCEA and Sony should be ashamed of themselves that this crippling issue has been acknowledged since right around the launch date of the PS4--there is no reason for such a crippling bug that is affecting so many consumers on a variety of different games to not have been fixed going on almost 1 year. This needs to get fixed.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #20
Rookie

kirkusOmaximus's Arena

OVR: 1

I have this error happen with regularity, always the first out of the second inning when I am in the field. I contacted Sony, reformatted my hard drive, no change. Contacted Sony again, sent in PS4, received it back, no change. Contacted Sony a 3rd time, received new PS4, 2 weeks later, no change. I used different roster files, different franchise files with no change in the regularity of the error. I always sim my defensive half inning of the 2nd inning. Extremely frustrating but I love The Show too much to give it up. I will not buy another PS4 game until it is fixed. Not that my abstaining will influence Sony but for players that only get a hour or so a week to play, losing progress at any random time is not worth the price of admission to play the game.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #21
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Have you tried to do anything to fix it? I don't feel comfortable uninstalling things, re-formatting this, etc.

I guess I just don't understand why it would start happening now. I've played almost 80 games and it just started.
Recently just went into safe mode and reinstalled latest update/rebuild database that is all. So far about 5 straight online games without the error.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2014, 10:08 PM   #22
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Recently just went into safe mode and reinstalled latest update/rebuild database that is all. So far about 5 straight online games without the error.
I don't care about any games modes except offline franchise. I'm actually going to complete at least one full season this year and I'm hoping that this doesn't become a huge problem. I've only experienced it twice in almost 80 games.

The first time was after the game was over. I run a dynasty site at Dynasty Nation and I always input my box scores. I received the error when I was doing this. The second time it was (I think) in the second inning and I was in the field.

I'm going to disconnect from the Playstation Network and see if that does anything.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 07-01-2014, 10:26 PM   #23
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
I don't care about any games modes except offline franchise. I'm actually going to complete at least one full season this year and I'm hoping that this doesn't become a huge problem. I've only experienced it twice in almost 80 games.

The first time was after the game was over. I run a dynasty site at Dynasty Nation and I always input my box scores. I received the error when I was doing this. The second time it was (I think) in the second inning and I was in the field.

I'm going to disconnect from the Playstation Network and see if that does anything.
Again Good luck not specific to online

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2046360158
Old 07-01-2014, 10:37 PM   #24
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Try this guys. Make an in-game save during the 1st inning. Then exit the franchise mode. Load your in-game save and this has been working for me. The key is getting past the dreaded 2nd inning.

I don't always get CE-34878-0, but when I do, I use in-game save.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »