Home

MLB 14 The Show: Which Pitching/Hitting Control Interface is the Most Realistic?

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Which Pitching/Hitting Control Interface is the Most Realistic? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 14 The Show: Which Pitching/Hitting Control Interface is the Most Realistic?

While every MLB 14 The Show player will approach the game from a different angle -- perhaps so much so that what is realistic for one guy might not work for another -- it is my belief that there is some sort of a middle ground base line which all players can work off of to get the most realistic game of baseball possible.

When defining realism, I'm talking about getting a version of The Show which presents only the most important info to gamers -- with many of the gamey settings taken out of the picture such as guess pitch.

However, there are aspects of the game which are gamey which might better replicate the actions and decisions players have to make when actually playing baseball. For instance, is pulse or meter pitching more realistic? What about analog or simply timing for hitting?

So OS, here's the deal: we want to find the most perfect settings possible and we want you all to help us with it. Let's start off with a basic debate on hitting and pitching settings. Which control interface combination do you prefer most for the maximum realism?

Sound off with which hitting/pitching control setting you have selected and why you selected them!
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #2
Rookie

mtjack17's Arena

OVR: 0
I use the Zone hitting because i feel as though it gives me the most realistic feel for timing and location for hitting pitches.

I use the Meter for pitching, primarily because its all I've ever used.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
Banned

I use zone...but it seems like zone analog would theoretically be the most realistic...but its a bit too hard for me.

Pitching...I think pulse feels realistic. For me analog feels like it should be more realistic...but it is too easy to do. It should be more sensitive. But in all honesty I have not used it since pulse came out.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6
I use Zone for hitting and meter for pitching. I am curious if many others use pulse. It doesn't feel immersive and makes me a little nauseous when I use it.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Which Pitching/Hitting Control Interface is the Most Realistic

I love meter for pitching. It's just a lot of fun to play, makes it feel like you're training your reflexes. And it gives feedback. You know how much oomph you're putting into it, and basically where your release point is. Don't ever, ever, ever change this mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #6
Banned

Mets1986's Arena

Re: MLB 14 The Show: Which Pitching/Hitting Control Interface is the Most Realistic?

Oh Analog all the way for me. I really don't know how people were playing with buttons but that's just me, though i only really play RTTS and Player Lock Franchise and Show Live. I don't play head to head on really any sports game.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #7
Rookie

xNeurosiis's Arena

Re: MLB 14 The Show: Which Pitching/Hitting Control Interface is the Most Realistic?

I use pulse pitching and timing hitting, as they're both what I'm comfortable with.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #8
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
If you're not using the sticks for hitting, you're missing out. It feels like the real deal. As for pitching, I think that's up for debate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »