Home

Franchise Troubles

This is a discussion on Franchise Troubles within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Franchise Troubles

I'm not having a problem with the mode itself, more just interest in it. Every time I start a franchise I lose interest in it in a day. I would really like to just have one I can have for the rest of the season. Anybody have any tips on how I can accomplish that, like how any of you keep your lengthy franchise modes going.

Please & Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
Rookie

xSubzer0x's Arena

Re: Franchise Troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyrk
I'm not having a problem with the mode itself, more just interest in it. Every time I start a franchise I lose interest in it in a day. I would really like to just have one I can have for the rest of the season. Anybody have any tips on how I can accomplish that, like how any of you keep your lengthy franchise modes going.

Please & Thank you
Maybe its because you want it to be near as authentic as it is in real life especially with the whole having the prospects and the exact OD roster once spring training is over.If you want the OD thing you'll have to use the 30 team control so nothing changes once Spring training is over.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Try rolling Season Mode, less cumbersome.
#44Syracuse
Old 07-29-2014, 04:23 AM   #4
Rookie

you could find a challenge inside the challenge itself...i for one play the show, ncaa, and madden and in those sports/games there r cities with absolutely ZERO titles or no titles in the past 50+ years...i like the challenge of bringing a city its first title....otherwise I, like u and many others feel there is nothing more to play for then just a title...but I play with San Diego where the fans there don't even kno what the ef a sports championship is.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:45 AM   #5
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

Like another user said, finding the challenge within the challenge is what keeps me going in a franchise. A few years back I wanted to play an 82 game season in NBA 2k, and I did, with the '65 Boston Celtics of all teams. I replaced all the current NBA teams with their retro counterparts, and it made for a great time. I think what made it unique was the fact that is was purely fictional. It was just no holds barred fun.

Sometimes you just have to let the game be what it is, a game. I've definitely been in your shoes. My suggestion is to just find a team you enjoy playing with, and put your own twist on it. Make it fun and unique to you, and go from there. It does not have to be perfect, it's just a game after all!!

Hope that helps some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #6
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Take your time and keep track of your minors and browse around the league. Baseball is a grind an 162 games is brutal.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #7
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Fantasy Draft. Turn budgets off, select either your favorite team or one at random, and pick out an entirely new squad. Just make sure you don't stock up on too much young talent so you can give the CPU a chance!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »