Home

MLB 15: The Show - looking ahead

This is a discussion on MLB 15: The Show - looking ahead within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB 15: The Show - looking ahead

With the 2014 season just behind us, maybe it's too early to start speculating about MLB 15: The Show. But looking at last year's announcement (which was one year to the day, see link below), it seems like an official reveal actually may not be too far away:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...a-spring-2014/

We all have our own ideas about what we want in the game, but what can we actually expect? Based on dev discussion on this forum and others, it seems like we may be getting:

* Authentic player/team celebrations - both on-field and dugout
* More detailed stadiums
* Sounds of the Show USB/.mp3 compatibility (fingers crossed)
* Carryover progress from '14 (both RttS and XP I'm assuming)

Anything else? Remember, this is not a wishlist but a compilation of discussion info from the past several months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
Rookie

baseballmad's Arena

Re: MLB 15: The Show - looking ahead

To be honest Turbo, 'everybody' does know what they want for MLB15 and I'm sure MLB16 won't come soon enough for those left disappointed.......
Old 11-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I've been trying to look back through old threads to see what Ramone said about the possibility of create-a-stadium but so far no luck.
I hope it doesn't get pushed back to Show 16. I drool at the thought of being able to play at Ebbets Field, the Baker Bowl and even that old launching pad Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium.
#44Syracuse
Old 11-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I drool at the thought of being able to play at Ebbets Field, the Baker Bowl and even that old launching pad Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium.
Oh man, totally! I ended up repurchasing '13 on PS3 because I missed some of those old stadiums (and SotS). Unfortunately they've said on more than one occasion that re-rendering the old stadiums isn't worth the effort, but Create-A-Stadium would solve that issue nicely.

I asked Ramone during a Q&A if Create-A-Stadium was possible in future games, and he answered "yes". Of course that doesn't mean it's going to be included, but at least it suggests it's something they've considered at some point.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:52 PM   #5
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
I've been trying to look back through old threads to see what Ramone said about the possibility of create-a-stadium but so far no luck.
I hope it doesn't get pushed back to Show 16. I drool at the thought of being able to play at Ebbets Field, the Baker Bowl and even that old launching pad Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium.
It was a video interview he did where he mentioned it. I just don't remember which one. I want to say it was a Franchise Play interview..........I could be wrong on that part though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 01:50 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
It was a video interview he did where he mentioned it. I just don't remember which one. I want to say it was a Franchise Play interview..........I could be wrong on that part though.
ya ur correct. I remember he did say it very well could be in 2015 MLBTS.....I literally was just coming onto these boards to ask about what the chances r of re-location or even just the option of (if not a ton of options) just being able to go back to Montreal to be the Expos!!! I am probably just about to start a Tampa Bay franchise for the fact of is create-a-stadium comes I am all over it! and the Rays will probably be in Montreal by 2020 so maybe SCEA can make the process speed up a bit!
Old 11-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #7
Just started!

Quote:
Playing in old stadiums would be great! if i remember correctly, MLB 2k9 had a similar feature, but you had to complete challenges to unlock the stadiums.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #8
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

If I remember correctly, doesn't the Community Day crew make a visit to San Diego in Dec to "beta test" the upcoming game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »