Home

SCEA Art Direction (notes to improve in-game visuals)

This is a discussion on SCEA Art Direction (notes to improve in-game visuals) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #9
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: SCEA Art Direction (notes to improve in-game visuals)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
Unlike the human eye, a camera can only focus at a specific distance so if you are going for broadcasting realism, blur...watching in person, no blur. Kind of an interesting point to make but I could go either way. It takes the fun out of looking for Ramone in the stands if it is blurred out but you don't get that close-up if you aren't on the field so I could take it or leave it, I suppose.

As for squirrels and birds--that is an awesome idea. It just cannot be too, too often like the planes in San Diego in 2013 (thankfully they put them behind the building in '14).

Maybe that could be another distinction between RTTS and the other modes. It seems SCEA is trying to blur the lines between a game and an actual brodcast (I like this route), which would mean there should be the camera blur.

One feature that would take some research work but I think would be a nice addition, would be "real cameras". For each ballpark there are set camera locations. Most are the same, but there might be some subtle differences between stadiums. The "real cameras" feature would mean during cutscenes and replays, the only camera angles used would be those that actually exist in real life.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:15 PM   #10
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
As for squirrels and birds--that is an awesome idea. It just cannot be too, too often like the planes in San Diego in 2013 (thankfully they put them behind the building in '14).
I notice that they didn't have their landing gear down either. Also, with the way the wind was blowing, they most likely wouldn't be using that particular runway. You see, you always want to take off and land with a headwind, rather than with a tailwind. Reason being is that it enables you to land with a slower groundspeed, thus reducing the wear and tear on the landing gear, gives you a smoother landing, and it takes less distance to come to a stop.

Perhaps for 2015, SCEA could check with the FAA around all the cities that have airports and see the flight patterns of the planes around there to make this as realistic as possible?

What's that, they're focusing on lighting and graphics this year? Bummer!
Old 12-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #11
Rookie

RedMeansGo2006's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Maybe that could be another distinction between RTTS and the other modes. It seems SCEA is trying to blur the lines between a game and an actual brodcast (I like this route), which would mean there should be the camera blur.

One feature that would take some research work but I think would be a nice addition, would be "real cameras". For each ballpark there are set camera locations. Most are the same, but there might be some subtle differences between stadiums. The "real cameras" feature would mean during cutscenes and replays, the only camera angles used would be those that actually exist in real life.
I thought this was already in the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2014, 12:49 PM   #12
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson

I wish they would completely remove the planes from SD. You can't even see them IRL, in the game its like 2 per half inning
Old 12-20-2014, 01:54 PM   #13
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball

I love this idea. Ive thought of this before. Each individual stadium has a different height for their fielding camera. Some are really high and some are. I like the Dynamic fielding cameras but then watching a game on TV is would look better when they zoom out to their certain camera height. That would be awesome to see in the game, similar to the pitching broadcast camera.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:57 PM   #14
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I wish they would completely remove the planes from SD. You can't even see them IRL, in the game its like 2 per half inning
Technically you should be able to in real life, but they definitely shouldn't appear that close (maybe it's based on the camera though). After all, if I can see the seats behind home plate from the plane flying into SD, then they can see me. I'd imagine we should be much, much farther away though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #15
Rookie

ey215's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Technically you should be able to in real life, but they definitely shouldn't appear that close (maybe it's based on the camera though). After all, if I can see the seats behind home plate from the plane flying into SD, then they can see me. I'd imagine we should be much, much farther away though.
That's the biggest thing, they're just too big.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »