Home

MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2014, 04:48 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitholeCreek
I'm getting concerned about this as well, especially in light of the fact that retractable roofs have been pushed back year after year after year. I realize that there are more features to be announced, but retractable roofs are one thing I would've expected to have been announced if they were going to be included. They would be in line with the other graphical improvements to the game.

Hopefully the inclusion of retractable roofs will be announced soon. Their absence for another year would be completely unacceptable.

I have no idea if roofs will be included but it seems early to panic. SCEA have only announced a handful of things officially. All this stuff we just learned about human IK engine, new tag system and revamped franchise was leaked by target. So at this point SCEA really isn't making any announcements. We'll hear a lot more in January and February. After that I'm sure we'll know the status of retractable roofs.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:31 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 15 The Show Has New Human IK Engine, Tag System, Commentary, Overhauled Franc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Deep year to year Stat and award tracking is really all I want
same here.
just like the old high heat pc games.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:32 AM   #59
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I wonder if the tag system is anything like I've suggested once. It was basically as follows;

Tagging is mapped to a button, say R1. When you're at a base, tap R1 for a swipe-tag. You'll have to time it right, but the tag will go straight down to wherever the guy is sliding. Otherwise, hold down the tag to keep your glove down, but you'll have to manually swivel left or right to get somebody hook sliding.

I did not have a system in place for tagging somebody in a rundown.
You think the tag system is user inputted? I was thinking of it as a cleaned up system that automatically applied the appropriate types of tags depending on the situation.

Last edited by nemesis04; 12-29-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:41 AM   #60
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

All of this information definitely has me excited for MLB '15. It definitely needs improvements over what felt like, to me anyway, a port of MLB '14 from PS3 to PS4 with more polished graphics.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:14 AM   #61
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
If they don't at least have an option to play with a closed roof in Toronto then I'm sitting this year out and waiting for 2016. I still have a season going with 13 so I'll stick with that as long as this is ignored.
I don't understand this. If MLB the Show 15 turns out to be the best they have to offer at this point ( better than all previous editions) then how could a open/closed roof make you pass? I think it would be cool if Rogers Center could close but a make or break?

I just dont understand it really.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #62
MVP

That could never be a deal breaker for me, mostly because I love baseball too much, but the biggest reason is I can't see if its closed or not!
Old 12-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #63
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
I don't understand this. If MLB the Show 15 turns out to be the best they have to offer at this point ( better than all previous editions) then how could a open/closed roof make you pass? I think it would be cool if Rogers Center could close but a make or break?

I just dont understand it really.
I agree. What would make it a "pass" for me is if it looked like a port of the PS3 version. I doubt that is the case though and it will look beautiful.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 8

I really hope the new IK engine and animations effect the pitching deliveries. A lot of the deliveries look fake and video-game-ish (yes, I know it's a game).

But realistic follow-throughs and just better-overall motion capture of animations would make the game a lot more realistic. And best of all, there's probably still time to accomplish this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »