Home

MLB 15 The Show Screenshots (High Resolution)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Screenshots (High Resolution) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2015, 09:38 AM   #129
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Screenshots (High Resolution)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
So could you elaborate on the times we can choose from or is nothing final yet?

I would say every hour ranging from 12 tot 7pm...
I would assume its times that normal games would start at. You get the odd outlier but mostly it would be 1, 4, 7 pm. Maybe 8pm.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:50 AM   #130
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
I would assume its times that normal games would start at. You get the odd outlier but mostly it would be 1, 4, 7 pm. Maybe 8pm.

Then choosing the month would be the most determing factor (shadows wise) because now we basically allready have 1 and 7pm (day and night) for exhibition games.

What really would be cool is if when you select a particular month and time you see the shadows in the stadium screenshot as a preview how far they would have creeped in at that time.

But considering this option was put in last minute see this as a request for next year
Old 02-10-2015, 09:56 AM   #131
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Besides that I couldn't explain it if my life depended upon it, I don't speak programmer. I just nod my head and act like I have the slightest clue what they are talking about.
If it makes you feel any better, I am a programmer (albeit in a completely different industry than gaming - banking), and in about half of my meetings I just nod my head and pretend also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #132
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

The funny thing is the whole digital thumbprint conversation started with someone being concerned that the transfer process could cause a duplicate player, then they said what if they had already created 17 Tanakas in their file, how would it know which one to replace. Kind of ironic, no?
Old 02-10-2015, 10:12 AM   #133
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
The funny thing is the whole digital thumbprint conversation started with someone being concerned that the transfer process could cause a duplicate player, then they said what if they had already created 17 Tanakas in their file, how would it know which one to replace. Kind of ironic, no?
We had over 30 Jeters last year during the roster updates we can handle a few Tanaka's!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #134
Rookie

goplen5's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
So could you elaborate on the times we can choose from or is nothing final yet?

I would say every hour ranging from 12 tot 7pm...
Just a minor detail that would be simple and add a little more realism. It would be cool to see the times be :05, as in 7:05, 12:05, 1:05, etc. Most games start a little after the hour to allow for TV stations to lead into it.

Again, just a random, very minor detail I thought of just now.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:32 PM   #135
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Hence, my theory on the "digital thumbprint" the game reads to know who is who and who is created and not.
Typically, any entity that exists in a game (or software in general) is attached a unique identifier (like just a number) so that database can uniquely identify the entity. So it doesn't have to be something fancy like thumbprint. It just needs to be a unique identifier (number, string, etc.). So it's not just theory but the game is definitely doing a sort of thing like that... so the question is how.

I think some ambiguity remains with a case like Tanaka last year, because he was a CAPS player, but if the game somehow internally keeps track of his MLB identity (as in using a string "troutmi01" for Mike Trout that's a unique identifier used in database like Baseball References and Lahman), then it's possible that the game can still identify Tanaka as an MLB player for whom to use the real photo. But such an ID has not been exposed to us, so it's not clear it works that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 12:34 PM   #136
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by goplen5
Just a minor detail that would be simple and add a little more realism. It would be cool to see the times be :05, as in 7:05, 12:05, 1:05, etc. Most games start a little after the hour to allow for TV stations to lead into it.

Again, just a random, very minor detail I thought of just now.
To add on to this, Mariners start times are 7:10, 1:10 (Sunday afternoons), 6:10 (Saturday nights), and 12:40 (Wednesday afternoons)

Don't think any other team has the same start times, the random scheduling in franchise made the unique times moot

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »