Home

MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2015, 05:30 AM   #25
Rookie

Lilgoosy's Arena

OVR: 2
i started following baseball in 2010, and i am really falling in love more and more with the MLB and with the show also...but it is almost impossible to me to know every guy from every team and try to do good trades and have a good off season, something that i can do pretty well in Madden since i am a huge football fan.

so to me the biggest improvement i look forward to try is the new trade logic that helps finding players or suitors based on your needs or the needs of other teams.

again, this is huge for someone like me who loves baseball but still struggles with rosters and players name/characteristics and stuff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #26
4 straight Cy Young awds

Mad dog 31's Arena

OVR: 5
Off topic but yesterday's twitch stream is 'Player ratings, gameplay and lesser known features' accessible via twitch TV! Didn't see any feedback so I missed it. Watching now, they recapped the top 20 players!😊
Old 03-06-2015, 07:30 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0
I really like all these new features , gm mode and the radio show Will defiantly be something they can build on year after year , the quick shifts on defense and they new batting mechanics will improve gameplay for me drastically , I love trying to play player tendicies
Old 03-06-2015, 07:47 AM   #28
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features

I am really excited for some of the little and not so little things like:

1. All the new infield and outfield animations, especially on outs, routine outs and base runners slowing down to first knowing they have been nailed. I have seen some gorgeous throwing animations on the streams. The pitchers motions look even smoother and more realistic than ever. The slide step is a nice touch as well!

2. The new speed differences for outfielders and base runners, better more realistic routes to fly balls, the improved throwing animations (no more wall sucking by outfielders) from the outfield, the new cut-off system. No more phantom tags at second or third.

3. New pitch breaks. I love what I see so far with the new trajectories on curves, sliders, changes etc. It looks a lot more realistic now.

4. Inside The Show - this is a big feature and one that will make franchise feel alive. I am always in the menu's, looking through stats, lineups etc in my various franchise/season modes (30 team control) so hearing daily recaps is a welcomed addition.

5. Improved Quick Counts - I was holding out on this feature when I first picked up 14....but once I started playing with it and learned how to play with it (it is a huge adjustment at first) I can't play any other way.

6. Licensed Equipment - Wow it really makes the game look more real now. It is a big deal. Then the tie in to franchise with sponsorships. Very cool.

7. Trade Finder - Can't wait to use this!

8. Directional Hitting - I am looking forward to trying this as I am a timed hitter guy.

9. Improved Load Times - YES!!!

10. New Infield and Outfield sliders - I am really pumped that these sliders have been separated. I think this will only make customizing the game even easier than it already was.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 03-06-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:39 AM   #29
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
6. Licensed Equipment - Wow it really makes the game look more real now. It is a big deal. Then the tie in to franchise with sponsorships. Very cool.
From the beginning I never thought that this would be such a big feature. Cool to have but figured it would just be a nice little add. But man I tell you, the more gameplay footage i watch, this feature adds so much to the overall look and feel to the game now. Its unreal
Old 03-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #30
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9
Biggest thing to me is the ability to continue your franchise from '14. It allows me to play more games and get a better feel for the season. I don't have to rush or sim to see a player's or team's progress before the new version comes out.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:44 AM   #31
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I too am a stickler for the licensed equipment, however, I was under the impression that the sponsorships are only for RTTS. Am I incorrect on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 10:49 AM   #32
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
I too am a stickler for the licensed equipment, however, I was under the impression that the sponsorships are only for RTTS. Am I incorrect on this?
My understanding is that a team can get different brands and it will enhance the presentation within franchise.

In RTTS you get ratings boost's by using licensed equipment (like in Tiger Woods golf and 2K basketball with shoes)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »