Home

Quick question - sounds of the show

This is a discussion on Quick question - sounds of the show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quick question - sounds of the show

I just purchased a PS4 and noticed that I can't really add any sort of music with a flash drive like I used to be able to do on the PS3. If there is some way I can, please let me know.

So my question, am I able to add any of my own music on the PS4 so I can use it for this new game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Quick question - sounds of the show

No. PS4 doesn't have that capability.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

well that sucks. i just dont understand why this upgraded system does not allow me to do one of the great features that was on the last one (plugging in a flash drive and transferring music/videos).

I literally didn't even think about checking to see if this would be an issue on the PS4 because I just figured it was a given
Old 03-23-2015, 01:43 PM   #4
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

We've all asked that question and the answer is simple... $$$

Sony wants you to pay for music services. They can give us our old features, like MP3 import, but there is no money in that like there is in charging for music unlimited or spotify.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:43 PM   #5
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat18934
well that sucks. i just dont understand why this upgraded system does not allow me to do one of the great features that was on the last one (plugging in a flash drive and transferring music/videos).

I literally didn't even think about checking to see if this would be an issue on the PS4 because I just figured it was a given
That was a Sony decision. They now have the ability to play music from a thumb drive now but it was too late in the development cycle for SCEA to implement it into '15. I'm guessing it will be there in '16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2015, 04:35 PM   #6
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
but there is no money in that like there is in charging for music unlimited or spotify.
Spotify will support the free version on PS4.

---

And PS4's ShareFactory supports importing music to the console for use in that application. Not sure if game developers have access to the same functionality or not, but NBA, WWE, and MLB could really benefit from it.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #7
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Spotify will support the free version on PS4.

---

And PS4's ShareFactory supports importing music to the console for use in that application. Not sure if game developers have access to the same functionality or not, but NBA, WWE, and MLB could really benefit from it.
Just because you don't have to pay to use Spotify doesn't mean that profit isn't being generated by having it on your console and by your using it. It is that profit that inhibits an option of storing your own media on the HDD for use in whatever ways you may wish.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:14 PM   #8
Rookie

hockeyyt988's Arena

OVR: 2

This is something that I have been hoping for awhile. I know it's not SCEA fault, just wish it was available for both this title and the NHL series. Just adds so much to the game.

Heck, I wouldn't be opposed to getting a spotify membership if I was somehow able to use my spotify playlist in the game?

Off topic a bit, but does anyone know if Xbox One has this ability now? I know they were talking about adding this as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »