Home

MLB 15: The Little Things Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 15: The Little Things Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 03:06 PM   #17
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15: The Little Things Thread

Brought in Sergio Romo and his intro music sounded like a mariachi band
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

https://www.twitch.tv/coastiemike918
Old 03-31-2015, 03:19 PM   #18
Rookie

Playing RTTS, I gave up a triple and after the play they said the 3rd basemen was coming to discuss strategy, then it went to a seen where he tried to get the guy on third out with the hidden ball trick! I am new so not sure if that was in last years game or not
Old 03-31-2015, 03:36 PM   #19
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Just bunted up the first base line and Wainwright jumped out of the way of the tag while running. It would have been super awesome if I could have commanded him to stop between home and first base to not run right into a tag, but it didn't work haha.

------

Steve Lyons (or maybe Eric Karros, I honestly can't differentiate the two) mentioned I have a perfect game going without actually saying it. Something along the lines of: "Not only has he allowed zero hits, he has also faced the minimum so far!"

EDIT: He just said it again. He said something like: "Everybody, if you're watching at home, I just want to direct your attention to the hits column. It is what it is at this point." I'm through 6.1 IP. Wish me luck!

SECOND EDIT: Top 8, 2 out and 3-2 count. Select fastball right down the middle with Classic pitching, and I walk the batter. ****! Anyway, no-hitter still intact through 8.0 innings. The commentary crew kept recognizing the perfecto, which was awesome.

THIRD EDIT: No-hitter, baby! I don't think there's a trophy for it though however haha, too bad. Really wanted that perfect game!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 03-31-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:37 PM   #20
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydaddy03
They added the "I believe in Stephen Vogt" chant
-The sounds of drums and horns from the outfield seats is awesome.. let's not forget the "Let's Go Oakland" chant.

-Also the way the dirt dries to a beige brown is amazing! Loving the Coliseum this year.

-Chalk lines wear out as the game goes on. Not just in the batters box but down the lines also.

-Pitcher fielding animations are a ton more organic this year. (It looks like an actual fielding animation vs. last year's chopped up version.)

-The Change up... oh the darn change up. So darn hard to read and so effective just like in real life.

-The TV broadcast will pan to show the fans between at bats... shows off the stadiums nicely.

-You can hear the train in the background at the Coliseum.

-Running basket catches in the outfield and back hand plays by lefty first baseman have been greatly improved.

-During a home run I saw Coco clap as he rounded 2nd... then they celebrated in the dugout with the tunnel run!

-When using pitch trail the ball icon will spin according to the pitch you select.

-The pitchers will sometimes do a fist pump when in a key situation if they strike someone out.

-On foul tip strikeouts the catcher turns and shows the umpire he caught the ball.

-When you throw to the cut-off man he will sometimes will jump to catch the ball and quick pivot to ready a throw if needed.

-There are a ton of SF Giants fans when you play the Giants at Oakland. (Just like in real life.)

-During a pause I heard the PA announcer at Oakland extend a congratulations to ex-Oakland A's and current Houston Astro, Jed Lowrie, for being nominated for the Roberto Clemente award in '14.

-Pitchers ask for appeals at first.

Last edited by RunN1st; 03-31-2015 at 08:10 PM. Reason: updating same post with more little things
Old 03-31-2015, 03:44 PM   #21
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6
MLB 15: The Little Things Thread

man the colors just pop out in this game very vivid, and im loving the fans actually grabbing fouls. i also just seen my player kick a beach ball back in the stands

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 03:47 PM   #22
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Its a major thing but a little thing...the equipment alone immerses you even more
Old 03-31-2015, 04:42 PM   #23
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

Catcher models are different....finally!!!
Old 03-31-2015, 04:47 PM   #24
Rookie

Cman9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Its a major thing but a little thing...the equipment alone immerses you even more

I have noticed many players without brand name equipment and are equipped with the generic equipment/accessories/cleats. Will these players have brand-names in future roster downloads?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »