Home

MLB 15 trade discussion thread

This is a discussion on MLB 15 trade discussion thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2015, 05:00 PM   #1
Pro
 
yougo1000's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Nov 2010
Blog Entries: 5
MLB 15 trade discussion thread

Since today is the official release of MLb 15 and since a lot of people would be starting franchises and stuff. Figured it would be a good time to post the trade discussion thread.

Link to updated spreadsheet: http://1drv.ms/1Kxy8J2
__________________
Check out my Baseball Rumors Blog http://baseballrumors101.blogspot.com/

Last edited by yougo1000; 05-11-2015 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added link
yougo1000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 05:16 PM   #2
Rookie
 
DJeterFan2's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2011
Re: MLB 15 trade discussion thread

Since the Yankees have come the closest IRL to landing Cole Hamels, what do you think it would take for me to land Hamels in my upcoming 'chise?
DJeterFan2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:20 PM   #3
Pro
 
yougo1000's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Nov 2010
Blog Entries: 5
Re: MLB 15 trade discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJeterFan2
Since the Yankees have come the closest IRL to landing Cole Hamels, what do you think it would take for me to land Hamels in my upcoming 'chise?
I would start with either Gary Sanchez and/or Aaron Judge. Maybe add Luis Severino and a throw in.

It might be an overpay, but the Phillies say they want a ton for Hamels.
__________________
Check out my Baseball Rumors Blog http://baseballrumors101.blogspot.com/
yougo1000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:20 PM   #4
Rookie
 
ghostofsparta15's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2012
Re: MLB 15 trade discussion thread

Depending on how I'm doing in my Tigers franchise was thinking about unloading David Price.

Think that a package centered around Daniel Norris would be a realistic return from the Blue Jays? I have the feeling they may not want to unload him.

If not, what would be a realistic return in general for Price?
ghostofsparta15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:28 PM   #5
Rookie
 
DJeterFan2's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2011
Re: MLB 15 trade discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougo1000
I would start with either Gary Sanchez and/or Aaron Judge. Maybe add Luis Severino and a throw in.

It might be an overpay, but the Phillies say they want a ton for Hamels.
So Judge, Severino, and another mid B-level prospect? That could work.
DJeterFan2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 05:33 PM   #6
Rookie
 
DJeterFan2's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2011
Re: MLB 15 trade discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofsparta15
Depending on how I'm doing in my Tigers franchise was thinking about unloading David Price.

Think that a package centered around Daniel Norris would be a realistic return from the Blue Jays? I have the feeling they may not want to unload him.

If not, what would be a realistic return in general for Price?
Mmm, I think Norris would be a bit of an overpay. Then again, the Dodgers did give up Heaney for Kendrick. I wouldn't necessarily unload him to the Jays only because it's highly unlikely he'd sign an extension there IRL. That and the Jays aren't the team that strikes me as grabbing rental players at the deadline with intent to extend in the offseason.

With that being said, I'd say that the Dodgers, Red Sox, Cubs, Yankees(maybe), and Rangers (depending on how they shake out) would be ideal trade partners.
DJeterFan2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:35 PM   #7
MVP
 
HypoLuxa13's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2007
Re: MLB 15 trade discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofsparta15
Depending on how I'm doing in my Tigers franchise was thinking about unloading David Price.

Think that a package centered around Daniel Norris would be a realistic return from the Blue Jays? I have the feeling they may not want to unload him.

If not, what would be a realistic return in general for Price?
Remember that the trade screen has a display to gauge interest/value from the other team. Price truly is a stud, I'd be really hesitant to unload him. Are you going to edit salaries before starting your franchise? If not, maybe have to see what his contract looks like once you get into it and see what kind of dollars and years he is getting.
HypoLuxa13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:13 PM   #8
Rookie
 
ghostofsparta15's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2012
Re: MLB 15 trade discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Remember that the trade screen has a display to gauge interest/value from the other team. Price truly is a stud, I'd be really hesitant to unload him. Are you going to edit salaries before starting your franchise? If not, maybe have to see what his contract looks like once you get into it and see what kind of dollars and years he is getting.
I plan to edit salaries. No doubt Price is a stud, I think it comes down to the Tigers ability to afford him with the contracts of Miggy, Kinsler, Verlander, and V-Mart on the books.

More than likely I'm doing what I can to keep him, just a what if scenario i guess.
ghostofsparta15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 PM.

Top -