Home

PS4 remote play (Vita) Is the input lag terrible for you also?

This is a discussion on PS4 remote play (Vita) Is the input lag terrible for you also? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 02:19 PM   #1
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
PS4 remote play (Vita) Is the input lag terrible for you also?

Edit: After playing some more I agree that the input lag is quite a bit better this year. The one fault I still have with it is with meter pitching. Perhaps due to how the rebalanced the control methods being late even a tiny bit on meter results in a wild pitch. The input lag that remains is manageable in hitting for me, but not for meter pitching. I have to switch to classic for remote play.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-31-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: PS4 remote play (Vita) Is the input lag terrible for you also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Remote play last year was unplayable and again this year it seems like the input delay is still as bad as it was.

For anyone with a Vita and PS4 can you check and see if you are also getting severe input lag. I know it was a widespread issue last year, but maybe there are things the user can do on their end to improve it a bit.

It is a shame that a big PS4 feature is almost unusable in a first party game like this. At least you can manage your team or RTTS player I guess, but I'm only 6 feet from my PS4 and the input lag makes pitching and hitting impossible.
Are you going through the router or direct connected to the PS4? I would recommend direct connect to PS4.

Be sure to click on the three dots and change connection setting to high quality.

Last edited by RunN1st; 03-31-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:25 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Remote play last year was unplayable and again this year it seems like the input delay is still as bad as it was.

For anyone with a Vita and PS4 can you check and see if you are also getting severe input lag. It is a shame that a big PS4 feature is almost unusable in a first party game like this. At least you can manage your team or RTTS player I guess, but I'm only 6 feet from my PS4 and the input lag makes pitching and hitting impossible.
Remote play got a real kick in the rear with the recent firmware update, and I now find the Show very playable when directly connecting to the PS4 and enabling 60 FPS. Internet connection (long-distance, in other words)....not so much.

Make sure that your remote play settings screen on the PS4 has "Connect directly with PS Vita/PSTV checked, and that the setting on the Vita is set to High/60 FPS. I was FLOORED with how much better the response time was when I first tried this after the update.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:26 PM   #4
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Are you going through the router or direct connected to the PS4? I would recommend direct connect to PS4.
Direct and I have the framerate on high on Vita. This was an issue last year and one that the dev team might not be able to overcome. Other games in remote play have very little input lag compared to The Show though.

I agree it isn't as bad as last year, but in a game like The Show timing is everything.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-31-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:40 PM   #5
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Interference from other devices can also impact the connection quality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 03:07 PM   #6
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Direct and I have the framerate on high on Vita. This was an issue last year and one that the dev team might not be able to overcome. Other games in remote play have very little input lag compared to The Show though.

I agree it isn't as bad as last year, but in a game like The Show timing is everything.
Other games have the same input lag, however no other game is based on timing like baseball
Old 03-31-2015, 03:34 PM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

It's beautiful. I'd record it for you if you'd like... later today though.

I can play with Pitch Speed on 10 and literally be okay hitting the ball. And this is coming from somebody who swore that this would be impossible to play with two weeks ago.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-31-2015, 03:41 PM   #8
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It's beautiful. I'd record it for you if you'd like... later today though.

I can play with Pitch Speed on 10 and literally be okay hitting the ball. And this is coming from somebody who swore that this would be impossible to play with two weeks ago.
After shutting down the PS4 completely and starting the remote play process over again I agree hitting is manageable, but meter pitching is still a mess for me. I am late every time resulting in a wild pitch. So the only way I can play is by using classic pitching, which isn't a huge deal, but not ideal obviously. Maybe I just need to get used to the new timing and hit X a few frames in advance or something. The Show is the only game I have an issue with using remote play. Even fighting games lie Injustice I could play perfectly fine with no feeling of input lag. Maybe after thousands and thousands of pitches I just notice any lag a lot more in The Show compared to other games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
Other games have the same input lag, however no other game is based on timing like baseball
Last year the input lag in MLB 14 was not like any other game, it was noticeably worse than its contemporaries. This year it might be closer to any other PS4 game in remote play, but it is still the only game I have played in remote play where I notice the input lag. Again that might due to me sensitivity to input lag specifically in The Show after playing it for so many years.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-31-2015 at 03:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »