Home

CPU Trade Logic

This is a discussion on CPU Trade Logic within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2015, 10:31 PM   #9
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: CPU Trade Logic

If contracts are edited to reflect real life amounts will these trades still happen?
Old 04-02-2015, 10:35 PM   #10
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddies3angels
Yea players signed in FA and being traded in 1st year bugs crap out of me to. Martin gets dealt out of TOR every sim I have done in first 2 months. I know trade logic been issue forever and wish that get fixed over worrying about shadows being set in perfect spot. To me that so much more important. Don't get me wrong I love the game and give it 9.5 but Trade Logic always the biggest problem to me. For guy who loves to sim and build a team these trades just ruin it.
There's actually a rule against that I believe. Any free agent signee can't be traded until sometime in June. I don't remember the exact date but obviously that would take out some of these sign and trade deals that always pop up. I'm actually surprised this rule isn't coded into the game's trade logic yet.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:43 PM   #11
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddies3angels
Yea players signed in FA and being traded in 1st year bugs crap out of me to. Martin gets dealt out of TOR every sim I have done in first 2 months. I know trade logic been issue forever and wish that get fixed over worrying about shadows being set in perfect spot. To me that so much more important. Don't get me wrong I love the game and give it 9.5 but Trade Logic always the biggest problem to me. For guy who loves to sim and build a team these trades just ruin it.
Take the names out of the equation. The blue Jays have 2 starting caliber catchers.

They trade from a strength to fill a weakness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 10:56 PM   #12
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Here's the problem.

The OS community relies too much on "big name players" and uses that to base off whether "a team would realistically make that trade or not".

MLB The Show doesn't look at it like that.

They look at:

1. Their needs.
2. Rebuild mode, normal mode, or playoff push.
3. Age of the player.
4. Potential
5. Overall

End of story.

They don't say "OMG we can't trade Paul Goldschmidt away for Chris Sale because that would never happen in RL!"

They say "hmm our pitching sucks and we need an Ace. We're going to need to give up someone great to get an Ace pitcher and this is what we're going to have to give up."

I'm using the Goldschmidt / Sale trade just as an example, but you understand what I mean.

The trade logic isn't perfect by any means, but it's pretty good.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:28 AM   #13
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

What I do and have usually have done with this game and NBA 2k is start with 30 team control. Then turn cpu trades to "manual" until about one or two weeks before the trade deadline. Then I turn cpu trades on auto and let a few crazy trades happen. This way it's not happening in April or May when it makes no sense.

Last year I came up with my own system to trade players. I looked at division standings starting July 1st and decided what teams were buyers and sellers for the trade market and went from there using a random number generator app.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:50 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
What I do and have usually have done with this game and NBA 2k is start with 30 team control. Then turn cpu trades to "manual" until about one or two weeks before the trade deadline. Then I turn cpu trades on auto and let a few crazy trades happen. This way it's not happening in April or May when it makes no sense.

Last year I came up with my own system to trade players. I looked at division standings starting July 1st and decided what teams were buyers and sellers for the trade market and went from there using a random number generator app.
I have always done similar using 30 team control and manually doing trades based on needs and buyers/sellers at the deadline. I'm interested in what system you use using random number generator. I would like to add a little randomness, instead of everything being my trade ideas. Could you give an example of how you use random number generator for trades?
Old 04-03-2015, 01:24 AM   #15
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Is turning control CPU roster on essentially the same thing as controlling all 30 teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 07:39 AM   #16
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

That's the biggest problem is the amount of trades. Realistically, almost all trades happen in the off-season or in July leading up to the trade deadline. Every great once in awhile you'll have a random trade here or there but it seems like it's throughout the season in the show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »