Home

CPU Trade Logic

This is a discussion on CPU Trade Logic within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 10:55 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Trade Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawkprime 21
To me it just seems like there could be a way to code into trade logic that no player over lets say an 89 rating can be traded when they have more then 1.5 years remaining on there contract. If said played was to be involved in a computer team trade all the game needs is a quick pop up in franchise mode that says hey do you want to allow this trade which would eliminate the need for 30 team controll.
What's wrong with 30 team control though? I mean that could be coded in, but is it really necessary? Just curious, not trying to say you're wrong or start an argument or anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 11:12 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntait1
What's wrong with 30 team control though? I mean that could be coded in, but is it really necessary? Just curious, not trying to say you're wrong or start an argument or anything.
Nothing is wrong with 30 team control i actualy dont mind it now that i have figured out how to set it up over the last few year, only because it does give me some more controll over CPU line ups as far as rookies starting over sitting on the bench when they are close in skill to the old veteran starting.

My point was more so on the trade logic as most of the trade complaints i see involve players with a high overall, and if there was a way to limit there movement through some trade restrictions but also alow CPU teams to trade these players outside of these restrictions with a users permission who didnt have 30 team controll set up.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:51 AM   #27
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBearsL
I have always done similar using 30 team control and manually doing trades based on needs and buyers/sellers at the deadline. I'm interested in what system you use using random number generator. I would like to add a little randomness, instead of everything being my trade ideas. Could you give an example of how you use random number generator for trades?

Here is an example of a trade I did last year

For random trades here's the steps I use:

First decide who is selling and who's in playoff push mode and write down those teams who are playoff push mode. I came up with 17 teams.

I then look at team rankings to decide if the team needs hitting or pitching (keep it simple). Whichever team stat ranks lowest (ERA or BA) I write beside the team either hitting or pitching.

If it's pitching they need I look at their rotation and bullpen pitcher's stats. Decide if they need RP or SP help, or both. Then I looked at the rosters of the other teams. I looked at a player's contract, age, and if I felt the team was rebuilding for the future anyhow. If I felt they were worth possibly trading I simply add those players on the trade block.

Then to excute a trade I use the random number generator app. Choose a number 1-17 to select which playoff push team will get some needed help. Once a team makes a trade I cross them out...(only allowed to acquire one player). I then use the app to select one of the teams who have players on the trade block that matches with the team need of the team receiving.

Here's an example from last year:

I have 14 teams available to make a trade. The app chose #10, the Colorado Rockies. They are currently 50-47, basically tied with the Nationals (50-46), holding onto the #2 wild card spot.

The app decides #1 for a SP, #2 for a RP since they need both. It decides the Rockies are going to attempt to acquire a SP.

Now normally I use the app to select teams who have players in the trade block. But since I've narrowed it down for them to get a SP I see there's only four teams who have at least one SP on the trade block. It selected the Chicago Cubs. So now the Rockies and Cubs are in negotiations for SP Jeff Samardzija!

I had a chart that showed what letter grade of a prospect he was worth. I'm sure it's floating around here on OS still, and will be updated for 2015.

This year will be even better because of trade finder. All I will need to do is choose who is getting traded and hit trade finder. Then go to the team who is receiving in playoff push mode. Excited for that cuz the hard part was finding prospects or other players to make the trade fair and reasonable.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 04-03-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:38 PM   #28
Rookie

DaltonT4's Arena

OVR: 5

Was just doing a sim franchise before the OSFM got released and the first offseason the Marlins traded Stanton to the D'backs for Paul Goldschmidt. Also noticed in the first offseason Justin Upton signed back with the Braves only to be traded two months in to the Red Sox for Pedroia straight up.
NFL: Cincinnati Bengals
Old 04-03-2015, 12:53 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Here is an example of a trade I did last year

For random trades here's the steps I use:

First decide who is selling and who's in playoff push mode and write down those teams who are playoff push mode. I came up with 17 teams.

I then look at team rankings to decide if the team needs hitting or pitching (keep it simple). Whichever team stat ranks lowest (ERA or BA) I write beside the team either hitting or pitching.

If it's pitching they need I look at their rotation and bullpen pitcher's stats. Decide if they need RP or SP help, or both. Then I looked at the rosters of the other teams. I looked at a player's contract, age, and if I felt the team was rebuilding for the future anyhow. If I felt they were worth possibly trading I simply add those players on the trade block.

Then to excute a trade I use the random number generator app. Choose a number 1-17 to select which playoff push team will get some needed help. Once a team makes a trade I cross them out...(only allowed to acquire one player). I then use the app to select one of the teams who have players on the trade block that matches with the team need of the team receiving.

Here's an example from last year:

I have 14 teams available to make a trade. The app chose #10, the Colorado Rockies. They are currently 50-47, basically tied with the Nationals (50-46), holding onto the #2 wild card spot.

The app decides #1 for a SP, #2 for a RP since they need both. It decides the Rockies are going to attempt to acquire a SP.

Now normally I use the app to select teams who have players in the trade block. But since I've narrowed it down for them to get a SP I see there's only four teams who have at least one SP on the trade block. It selected the Chicago Cubs. So now the Rockies and Cubs are in negotiations for SP Jeff Samardzija!

I had a chart that showed what letter grade of a prospect he was worth. I'm sure it's floating around here on OS still, and will be updated for 2015.

This year will be even better because of trade finder. All I will need to do is choose who is getting traded and hit trade finder. Then go to the team who is receiving in playoff push mode. Excited for that cuz the hard part was finding prospects or other players to make the trade fair and reasonable.

This is great. I will definitely be using this. Thanks for the write-up.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #30
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

No problem!

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-03-2015, 01:46 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawkprime 21
Nothing is wrong with 30 team control i actualy dont mind it now that i have figured out how to set it up over the last few year, only because it does give me some more controll over CPU line ups as far as rookies starting over sitting on the bench when they are close in skill to the old veteran starting.

My point was more so on the trade logic as most of the trade complaints i see involve players with a high overall, and if there was a way to limit there movement through some trade restrictions but also alow CPU teams to trade these players outside of these restrictions with a users permission who didnt have 30 team controll set up.
I guess that makes sense, since some people may not understand that with 30 team control you can still control your own team normally. Plus this would be really useful for Road to the Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 01:50 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
I've tried so hard in the past to just leave trades on and let things play out. However some of the logic is so off the wall I just can't stand it. I remember one year Adam Dunn got traded 4 times in one season. One time he got traded back to his same team and then traded again. Sometimes I've seen players traded multiple times over the course of a few days in franchise. That's when I quit and said trades off from now on.

I can deal with some wonky logic and the usual excuse by OSers of "look at the overalls, not the names!" but when 95 Overall is getting dealt more than Aces at a blackjack table it really takes away from the game.
I saw Alexei Ramirez get traded 4 different times in about a span of a week in MLB 14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »