Home

franchise draft & Edit player

This is a discussion on franchise draft & Edit player within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 11:40 PM   #9
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: franchise draft & Edit player

Another possible bug happens when editing the batting stances. If you change a guy's follow through to anything other than Default, his Practice Swing, Stride, and Home Run swing all change to Style 1.

Take Nelson Cruz for instance... he has a two-handed follow through in real life, but it's one-handed in MLB 15. If you change it to two-handed, his signature Practice Swing, Stride, and Home Run swing all change to a generic Style 1
Old 04-03-2015, 11:42 PM   #10
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
Another possible bug happens when editing the batting stances. If you change a guy's follow through to anything other than Default, his Practice Swing, Stride, and Home Run swing all change to Style 1.

Take Nelson Cruz for instance... he has a two-handed follow through in real life, but it's one-handed in MLB 15. If you change it to two-handed, his signature Practice Swing, Stride, and Home Run swing all change to a generic Style 1
That's not a bug it's the way the animations work and how they are stitched together. If you change anything from a real players swing it's move everything to the generic stuff.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:19 AM   #11
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
That's not a bug it's the way the animations work and how they are stitched together. If you change anything from a real players swing it's move everything to the generic stuff.
Ah okay thanks for the response!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2015, 12:28 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Speaking of editing players, I don't know if its a bug or not but changing primary position erases any positions, which prevents editing positions of players with unique secondary position combinations. Last year and all previous years, the secondary positions would stick.
I know for a fact, that in last year's game, if you had a player that had multiple secondary positions listed (In addition to the secondary position assigned him) and you edited his position, those additional secondary positions would disappear....
Old 04-04-2015, 10:31 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
I know for a fact, that in last year's game, if you had a player that had multiple secondary positions listed (In addition to the secondary position assigned him) and you edited his position, those additional secondary positions would disappear....
Hmm, I don't think so. I'm playing 14 right now and Stephen Vogt is listed as 1B (C, LF). When I change his primary to C, his secondaries become !B and LF they don't disappear
Old 04-04-2015, 12:57 PM   #14
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Last year the secondary position would disappear from the screen, but when you view the back of player's card they would be view-able..
Old 04-04-2015, 05:07 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:

They should just have a pop-up screen for secondary positions that allows you to select all the other positions the guy can play. Then you could at least re-assign all of his actual positions.

There are outfielders who can also play infield positions. For example, there are players who are primarily outfielders but can play first base. Currently, you have to make his primary one outfield position, but if he's also a first basemen, then you have to make that his secondary position. Now he plays one outfield position and first base, but he might be able to play multiple outfield positions.

Of course, you could make him primarily a first basemen to get around this (assigning him to OF as secondary), but it would be preferable to just tag him with all the different secondary positions he can play.

Last edited by JTommy67; 04-04-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 10:09 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 5

Hopefully this is fixed soon because I love drafting and developing players but usually edit them first so they aren't 5'8 226 with mutton chops

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »