Home

Analog Pitching = death?

This is a discussion on Analog Pitching = death? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2015, 03:16 AM   #9
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Analog Pitching = death?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Has anyone else tried Analog Pitching this year?

I'm having a hard time not dying. It seems like no matter what difficulty level I play on, I can't miss any bats. I'm locating my pitches well enough, and I'm still getting outs on poor contact, but the CPU is hitting everything.

I even gave in and went to Dynamic Difficulty and I'm still seeing the same thing. I'm not allowing many runs... but I'm getting very few strikeouts, and allowing at least 1-2 singles every inning. It just seems like every pitch is put in play.

My strike percentage is about 60%, so it's not that I'm throwing too many strikes.

And I only have this problem with Analog Pitching. I threw on Meter pitching and had no problem pitching on Veteran and even fared decently on All-Star.

Has anyone else tried this pitching mode this year? What are your experiences?

Analog for everything is all Ive used since they introduced it, and I love it. I did try pulse when it was 1st introduced for part of a inning and hated it, and never tried it again. I get realistic K numbers with analog pitching, as well as realistic walk rates too.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-07-2015, 01:24 PM   #10
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Sorry, I meant called strikeouts. Like 99% of my strikeouts are on chases out of the zone, but anything near the zone the CPU is swinging at... and they almost never miss, either. I'm averaging like 8 strikeouts a game, but also like 10+ hits a game. It's really crazy. I dont think I've had a game yet with 7-or-fewer hits allowed (even though I've had like 3 or 4 shutouts already).

Yeah I know... I've been using Analog for years, this is the first time I've had this issue. Thanks though.
Oh, ok, I was just wondering because I know last year I could give a subtle, almost imperceptible nudge to the analog stick to get the ball to break perfectly and hit that opening at the top of the meter. Now it takes a lot more of a push.

I know once I got that down I haven't really had too much trouble getting strikeouts compared to last year; especially when I set up my offspeed stuff.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:59 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I haven't had any issues with analog so far. It's actually made for much more realistic statistics as I've stepped up on difficulty with it. I'm hitting about 50-60% strikes per game, with a few walks per, and strikeouts ranging from 3-12 per. In one game, I wasn't able to miss any bats with my starter, and he left after 3 innings. In the next, starter goes deep with 8k and a walk.

I like the variety it gives, and i like the way that it locates pitches on misses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 10:13 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp58
I haven't had any issues with analog so far. It's actually made for much more realistic statistics as I've stepped up on difficulty with it. I'm hitting about 50-60% strikes per game, with a few walks per, and strikeouts ranging from 3-12 per. In one game, I wasn't able to miss any bats with my starter, and he left after 3 innings. In the next, starter goes deep with 8k and a walk.

I like the variety it gives, and i like the way that it locates pitches on misses.
Ok but how many hits are you giving up? I dont even have any issues with any of the things you mentioned. It's all about hits and few missed bats.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:16 PM   #13
Rookie

I use analog for pitching and have no issue. I strike out almost 10 per game with quick counts
Old 04-07-2015, 10:25 PM   #14
Rookie

I tried it briefly and thought it played well. Granted I only pitched a few innings, but if anything I thought it was a bit easy.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:38 PM   #15
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

My guess would be that you're leaving too many pitches in the middle of the plate. I've found that in order to miss bats and get called strikeouts you have to aim for the black and then hope you hit your spot. I recommend using the new pitch path marker as opposed to the classic marker as it's easier to set your target where you want the pitch to end up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 12:21 AM   #16
Rookie

Jroll11's Arena

Hey All,
For the people have success with analog pitching, what difficulty are you playing on? I only ask because I was dominating on all-star+, and because of this I jumped to hall of fame and now I'm getting hammered. I'm giving up about 5-6 runs per game. The thing is, hitters are hitting even good pitches on the black. IF I make a mistake that's on me, but I'm just trying to figure out what I might be doing wrong that they are hitting my good pitches as well.

Anyone have any suggestions to help? Thanks in advance!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »