Home

Analog Pitching = death?

This is a discussion on Analog Pitching = death? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2015, 12:54 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 24
Analog Pitching = death?

Has anyone else tried Analog Pitching this year?

I'm having a hard time not dying. It seems like no matter what difficulty level I play on, I can't miss any bats. I'm locating my pitches well enough, and I'm still getting outs on poor contact, but the CPU is hitting everything.

I even gave in and went to Dynamic Difficulty and I'm still seeing the same thing. I'm not allowing many runs... but I'm getting very few strikeouts, and allowing at least 1-2 singles every inning. It just seems like every pitch is put in play.

My strike percentage is about 60%, so it's not that I'm throwing too many strikes.

And I only have this problem with Analog Pitching. I threw on Meter pitching and had no problem pitching on Veteran and even fared decently on All-Star.

Has anyone else tried this pitching mode this year? What are your experiences?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 01:13 PM   #2
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Analog Pitching = death?

Im not having a issue with strikeouts just started a franchise first game with Kluber i had 15k's his next start 6

CPU makes contact on everything a lot though
Old 04-05-2015, 01:32 PM   #3
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

What camera are you using, and are you making sure you are pushing the analog stick in the same direction as you are aiming with the left? That part took me a while to catch onto last year.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:05 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Im not having a issue with strikeouts just started a franchise first game with Kluber i had 15k's his next start 6

CPU makes contact on everything a lot though
Sorry, I meant called strikeouts. Like 99% of my strikeouts are on chases out of the zone, but anything near the zone the CPU is swinging at... and they almost never miss, either. I'm averaging like 8 strikeouts a game, but also like 10+ hits a game. It's really crazy. I dont think I've had a game yet with 7-or-fewer hits allowed (even though I've had like 3 or 4 shutouts already).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
What camera are you using, and are you making sure you are pushing the analog stick in the same direction as you are aiming with the left? That part took me a while to catch onto last year.
Yeah I know... I've been using Analog for years, this is the first time I've had this issue. Thanks though.

Last edited by Bobhead; 04-05-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #5
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Sorry, I meant called strikeouts. Like 99% of my strikeouts are on chases out of the zone, but anything near the zone the CPU is swinging at... and they almost never miss, either. I'm averaging like 8 strikeouts a game, but also like 10+ hits a game. It's really crazy. I dont think I've had a game yet with 7-or-fewer hits allowed (even though I've had like 3 or 4 shutouts already).

Yeah I know... I've been using Analog for years, this is the first time I've had this issue. Thanks though.

Oh yeah on analog i have that issue as well more then on other inferences
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 03:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes it is insane and super frustrating as it diesel like the realistic mode is now super artificial and poorly done.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:25 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

I use analog pitching exclusively. Can't use anything anything else. After 41 online Diamond Dynasty goes my era is about 2.00 and I don't have a starter over a 79 rank....
Old 04-07-2015, 01:37 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 0

Its kind of funny because I have found analog fielding to be death lol. I haven't tried analog field this year but in the past I found with analog fielding even at rookie level I couldn't go a game with out throw the ball right by the first or second baseman at least once in a game. I felt like analog fielding was random and broken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »