Home

CPU bunting to much?

This is a discussion on CPU bunting to much? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #25
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: CPU bunting to much?

Amount of suicide or regular squeeze plays I've seen in my life watching the game: less than a handful.
Amount of suicide or regular squeeze plays I've seen in my current MLB 15 franny 6 games in: 6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #26
Rookie

theboss86's Arena

OVR: 0

I was just about to make a thread about this.

I play 3B in RTTS, and i find myself playing in on the cut of the grass most of the time because of all the bunts.

Ive seen players bunt with 2 strikes and 2 outs.

Ive seen players like Miguel Cabrera bunt with a runner on first and one out. Granted he did move the runner up, but you would never ever see miggy bunt in a real life game.

Also seen jose abreu bunt for no reason. Actually just paused a game I was playing to write this because I watched Goldschmidt bunt with 2 outs for no reason....

Also seen Pujols lay a bunt down and get thrown out easily...

The amount of bunts i see, and the bunts i see from players that would never lay down a bunt in a real game make me shake my head.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:01 PM   #27
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss86
I was just about to make a thread about this.

I play 3B in RTTS, and i find myself playing in on the cut of the grass most of the time because of all the bunts.

Ive seen players bunt with 2 strikes and 2 outs.

Ive seen players like Miguel Cabrera bunt with a runner on first and one out. Granted he did move the runner up, but you would never ever see miggy bunt in a real life game.

Also seen jose abreu bunt for no reason. Actually just paused a game I was playing to write this because I watched Goldschmidt bunt with 2 outs for no reason....

Also seen Pujols lay a bunt down and get thrown out easily...

The amount of bunts i see, and the bunts i see from players that would never lay down a bunt in a real game make me shake my head.
Goldy bunting???? hahaha that i gotta see

The sooner people realize and accept that bunting is currently an issue in this year's edition of MLB The Show, the faster it will get tuned. It doesn't even need to be fixed, just TUNED. Tune it down some. Goldy and Miggy should never be bunting. EVER.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 04-09-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #28
Rookie

theboss86's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Goldy bunting???? hahaha that i gotta see

The sooner people realize and accept that bunting is currently an issue in this year's edition of MLB The Show, the faster it will get tuned. It doesn't even need to be fixed, just TUNED. Tune it down some. Goldy and Miggy should never be bunting. EVER.
Agreed. Don't mind seeing some bunts, but only in the right situations with the right players at the plate.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #29
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I think suicide squeezes do need to be toned down. I've seen consecutive squeezes, I've had Hanley Ramirez(Bos cleanup) squeezed on me just now in the 6th.

I have seen in about 20 games....8 or 9 squeezes.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #30
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I think suicide squeezes do need to be toned down. I've seen consecutive squeezes, I've had Hanley Ramirez(Bos cleanup) squeezed on me just now in the 6th.

I have seen in about 20 games....8 or 9 squeezes.
What's weird is I've seen maybe 1 or 2 in the 50 games I've played.

I play on Hall of Fame if that matters.

I don't even see the cpu trying to bunt for hits all that much, outside of your typical speedy guys (Denard Span, Billy Hamilton, etc..) And attempted bunts for hits hasn't been a regular occurence either. I can go a whole series or two without seeing one and then see 3 or 4 in the next series.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-09-2015, 08:45 PM   #31
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Bunting for hits I don't have an issue with. The suicide squeezes though.

Last series with Bos they had runners on 2nd and 3rd with no out and Ramirez up. 6th inning they were down 2.

He squeezed on me never saw it coming there. So said whatever, very next pitch to the 5th hitter squeeze again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 08:58 PM   #32
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Bunting for hits I don't have an issue with. The suicide squeezes though.

Last series with Bos they had runners on 2nd and 3rd with no out and Ramirez up. 6th inning they were down 2.

He squeezed on me never saw it coming there. So said whatever, very next pitch to the 5th hitter squeeze again.
Hmmm...like I said its weird. I've seen others talk about it but I haven't seen the issue. I've had a pitcher attempt a suicide squeeze with 2 outs in the mid innings (4th or 5th) and the other one I saw was recently when Ian Desmond tried it with the Nationals in a game where they were down 1 in the 7th. I was a bit surprised that he tried it (only bunted once and fouled it off), but he was 0-3 with 3 k's on the night..so.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »