Home

I SWEAR, the game cheats, or hates me.. LOL

This is a discussion on I SWEAR, the game cheats, or hates me.. LOL within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
I SWEAR, the game cheats, or hates me.. LOL

I swear the game cheats. So close.. I am Cleveland playing KC... Carlos Carasco pitching for me. Bottom of the 9th inning. I am leading 2-0. Carasco has a perfect game. 17 Ks, No hits, no walks... K'd the first batter, 2'ond batter, hits routine ground ball to second base, throws it over 1st base mans head. runner goes to second. 3rd batter Pop up to third base.. 2 outs, runner on second base. Carasco Strikes out batter for 19th but ball gets away from catcher, runner goes to 3rd and batter beats out throw to first. Next batter, 1 ball 2k count, next pitch, Long drive to RF. Clears the fence by about a foot.. HR, I loose 3 to 2.. Not only did I lose the game, I now need to replace my controller as it don't work after striking the wall. My wife comes running to the room thinking I have fell or something because I am screaming. Thank God controller missed the TV. I am embarrassed as now I have to clean up carpet because my drink went flying when I kicked over table it was setting on. I didn't know I could speak in tongues as my wife explained. I am standing there, Looking like I am insane, sweating, dizzy, angry, ranting and raving. My wife just picked up my broken controller, UN-plugged my other controller, Looked at me and said.. YOU'RE DONE..You can have these back after you calm down and take a nap and walked out of my man cave shaking her head... HOLLY CRAP... 63 years old and I just got grounded.. GOD I HATE THIS GAME.. But as soon as my nap is over, and I take my blood pressure pills it's off to pawn shop for new controller and of course Wal-Mart for flowers.. I'll be back at it again.. Hopefully, just a little quieter.. God I love this game....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 02:06 PM   #2
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: I SWEAR, the game cheats, or hates me.. LOL

....poor bastard lol
Old 04-22-2015, 02:07 PM   #3
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Post of the year.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #4
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

Had the same thing happen last night too on my RTTS pitcher. I had a no hitter going into the 9th inning. I was up 6-0, first batter hits a single killing the no hitter. Second batter hits a double so its runners at 2nd and 3rd with no outs but the shut out is still intact. I get back to back strike outs so I am one out away from a complete game shut out. Next batter hits a routine flyball to my right fielder. He camps under it for about 30 seconds and proceeds to drop it, allowing 2 runs to score and blowing my shut out. I still got the win but a few choice words were yelled at the TV.

I told my wife, "I swear this game cheats!!"...lol
Old 04-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #5
Rookie

atbach89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Post of the year.
i second that, this was a fantastic post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 02:20 PM   #6
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

That's the great thing. We can grow old but never grow up. " 63 years old and I just got grounded". Classic line
Old 04-22-2015, 02:20 PM   #7
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
I swear the game cheats. So close.. I am Cleveland playing KC... Carlos Carasco pitching for me. Bottom of the 9th inning. I am leading 2-0. Carasco has a perfect game. 17 Ks, No hits, no walks... K'd the first batter, 2'ond batter, hits routine ground ball to second base, throws it over 1st base mans head. runner goes to second. 3rd batter Pop up to third base.. 2 outs, runner on second base. Carasco Strikes out batter for 19th but ball gets away from catcher, runner goes to 3rd and batter beats out throw to first. Next batter, 1 ball 2k count, next pitch, Long drive to RF. Clears the fence by about a foot.. HR, I loose 3 to 2.. Not only did I lose the game, I now need to replace my controller as it don't work after striking the wall. My wife comes running to the room thinking I have fell or something because I am screaming. Thank God controller missed the TV. I am embarrassed as now I have to clean up carpet because my drink went flying when I kicked over table it was setting on. I didn't know I could speak in tongues as my wife explained. I am standing there, Looking like I am insane, sweating, dizzy, angry, ranting and raving. My wife just picked up my broken controller, UN-plugged my other controller, Looked at me and said.. YOU'RE DONE..You can have these back after you calm down and take a nap and walked out of my man cave shaking her head... HOLLY CRAP... 63 years old and I just got grounded.. GOD I HATE THIS GAME.. But as soon as my nap is over, and I take my blood pressure pills it's off to pawn shop for new controller and of course Wal-Mart for flowers.. I'll be back at it again.. Hopefully, just a little quieter.. God I love this game....

Old 04-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #8
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

this post is fantastic lol!

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Closed Thread