Home

RTTS Drafted or Team Selection

This is a discussion on RTTS Drafted or Team Selection within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: RTTS Draft or Manual Team Selection
I allowed my RTTS player to be drafted 18 69.23%
I manually selected what team I wanted to play for 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #1
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

OVR: 2
RTTS Drafted or Team Selection

I'm starting this poll because i'm interested in how many people select the team they want to go to vs people who allow their character to be drafted.

I started a RTTS recently as a 3B and decided I didn't want to be trash and work my way up. I did that with a SS I created and had my fun. This time I wanted to come in an animal, make the bigs ASAP and compete right away. So I spent about 42,000 stubs and made my 3B 97 overall. Went through the 3 game showcase with great stats. I hit like 550 with a HR, a few extra base hits, a few RBI's. Great stats. When it was time to get drafted I noticed no matter what my stats were I could not go first to the dbacks or second. I was always slotted third to the Rangers. I did not want to get stuck behind or replace Beltre. To me it was a poor team. So I decided to just select the Royals.

Interested to get some feedback on what other people have done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #2
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RTTS Drafted or Team Selection

I have selected a team so far this year for the RttS players I've started. If not, it never fails in previous MLB The Show games , I usually would get drafted by one of the 5 or 6 teams I didn't want to play for, or get drafted by a team that had an All Star at that position and had no need for me. Had this happen in MLB 14, I created a first baseman and got drafted by The Reds and got stuck on the bench behind Joey Votto. Only got a few at-bats per month and just abandoned the character since they wouldn't trade me. Tried again with a Left Fielder, got drafted by the Cardinals. I'm a Cubs fan. 'nuff said
Old 04-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #3
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

One year I got drafted by the Red Sox. That character got deleted really quickly lol.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:26 PM   #4
Just started!

airjoynt's Arena

I went the drafted route as I didn't have much of a preference besides not Twins or White Sox or Indians or Royals (I'm a Tigers fan).

Sure enough, 2nd round as a SP to the Twins. I asked for a trade, and... sure enough Royals.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:42 PM   #5
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjoynt
I went the drafted route as I didn't have much of a preference besides not Twins or White Sox or Indians or Royals (I'm a Tigers fan).

Sure enough, 2nd round as a SP to the Twins. I asked for a trade, and... sure enough Royals.
See I don't mind my other division rivals. I'll play for the Rays or Orioles or Jays. I will not however play for Boston.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2015, 06:04 PM   #6
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

I do both. I created a contact/speedy SS and picked to be on my Mariners knowing they are weak at the position. Created a LH SP and went into the draft. Got drafted by Minn(?) at 21st and noticed Seattle drafted a SP the pick right before. Reset the game switched to RH, went through the draft and got drafted by Seattle.

Also created a CP and went through the draft. Picked #1 overall by the D-backs. Also created a powerhitting 1B and went through the draft with him being picked mid 1st round.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

I currently have three RttS players that I am focusing on but I have a few and I let them all get drafted. To me it makes it seem a bit more realistic and random. My main players I use are a Pitcher with the Marlins who won the MVP, Rookie of the Year and Cy Young in 14 and I carried him over to 15.

Then I started a 2nd Baseman in 14 as well who was drafted to the Red Sox. I figured oh I'm not going to play this one much. But after working through the minors and being a DH behind Dustin Pedroia who started at 2B for a few weeks I first asked for a trade like I planned. Since as a Yankees fan I didn't think I would enjoy playing with Boston. However after the Trade deadline passed I worked on my fielding and requested to move to the field and replace a 68ovl Brock Holt who was playing CF. Once I moved to CF and got more play time I began to really enjoy playing for the Sox. Didn't win any awards his Rookie year as he was called up too late in the year to qualify. I've also carried this player over to 15 and have started the season hot and looking to lead Boston to a great year and hopefully gain my first All Star appearance.

When 15 came out I started another 2B because it's a position I enjoy playing and I wanted to see if I could actually go to a decent team and become the starting 2B. Got drafted to the Astros the first time around and decided to go to a 4 year university and try once more. Unfortunately I ended up right back with the Astros. So I played through the year until I was promoted to the Majors where Jose Altuve became the DH and I took over Defensively at 2nd. Played through the season and became Rookie of the year with hopes of making the Astros a winner. Currently in his second year and looking to get Traded as much as I enjoy playing in Minute Maid Park.
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NCAA: LSU Tigers

Last edited by Darkwolf90; 04-29-2015 at 05:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #8
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvazquez190
I started a RTTS recently as a 3B and decided I didn't want to be trash and work my way up. I did that with a SS I created and had my fun. This time I wanted to come in an animal, make the bigs ASAP and compete right away. So I spent about 42,000 stubs and made my 3B 97 overall. Went through the 3 game showcase with great stats. I hit like 550 with a HR, a few extra base hits, a few RBI's. Great stats. When it was time to get drafted I noticed no matter what my stats were I could not go first to the dbacks or second. I was always slotted third to the Rangers. I did not want to get stuck behind or replace Beltre. To me it was a poor team.
This is the same exact thing that happened to me when I made my 3B. I had very similar stats to you in the Showcase and decided to go into the draft. Sure enough, I get drafted 3rd by the Rangers. I am in my first season and am up to AAA killing it but I may ask for a trade unless they move me or Beltre to DH when I get to the Majors.

As for the question at hand, I have a couple guys I picked my team and I have a couple guys that I sent to the draft to see what happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »