Home

Old 05-05-2015, 08:28 AM   #25
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Plasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsRampage
That's because movie modes in televisions usually tend to be the mode that has the highest amount of input lag. If people don't know what input lag is, it is basically the amount of time it takes for an input on your controller to appear on the screen. If you have a game mode on your television I suggest switching to that when playing the show and I'll gurantee you will see a noticeable improvement in your hitting.
I don't have a game mode. I have dynamic, standard, energy efficient (or something like that), and movie. I had it on movie forever and changed it to standard.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #26
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

I bought an ASUS MX279H 27" monitor last year and have never looked back. I picked it up for $240. It is practically lag free and my Challenge of the week score improved immensely after I started using the monitor for gaming. Picture also looks great to me with the right settings. Obviously the sound coming from the monitor is lacking but I game with headphones. I have the astro A50's for my sound needs.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-05-2015, 01:52 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Why cant the game just have a controller calibaration where you swing and fastballs and it can adjust what your timming is based on your reaction.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:16 PM   #28
Pro

shark547's Arena

That is a good question. On a game like the show where timing is everything, there should be a way to calibrate for the amount of lag a set up has. I am not a tech wizard, but, you would think there would have to be a way!

Maybe a mini game like metered pitching where the you hit a button on your controller when the object crosses a spot. It has you do this 20 times to get a baseline and afterwards it moves your timing window to adjust for this time difference.

Really this could be a PS4 feature because even though you don't notice it on most games it would be great to have things work as perfectly as possible.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark547
Maybe a mini game like metered pitching where the you hit a button on your controller when the object crosses a spot. It has you do this 20 times to get a baseline and afterwards it moves your timing window to adjust for this time difference.
I just remembered where i have seen this feature and it was in all of the rock band games to where proper timming was what the game was all about.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:07 PM   #30
Pro

shark547's Arena

I have never played Rock Band, but, now it seems like this is something we should be pushing for. It would help sales of The Show too, most people I know won't play it because it is too hard. What if a calibration feature like this would open it up to more casual players!
Old 05-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #31
Rookie

Also while i am not a slider expert im not sure if adjusting the user timming slider will help any with your hitting. As i belive that increasing it widens your timming window but im not 100% sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 05:23 PM   #32
Pro

shark547's Arena

I have the timing window jacked up to the largest it can be. I have been playing The Show for a long time.

All though it isn't really a bug I made a report called "controller input calibration"

Feel free to give it some pluses so maybe we can get some help! To me this feature would be a win for everyone involved. It just makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »