Home

Old 05-15-2015, 05:06 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Plasma

I was having a lot of trouble this year with being late on the fastball compared to years past, same as you if the guy was throwing harder than 91-92. Part of that is being over concerned about the changeup. Are you sure it's even the TV, my TV is nothing special, I just had to adjust how I play.

I just saw a lot of pitches and started to get ahead in counts where I can guess fastball. Righty on righty if it's less than 2 strikes you do have to do some guessing if you want to hit. Don't worry about striking out, hitting a lazy ball to right doesn't help much more.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:14 AM   #50
Pro

shark547's Arena

No, this has been going on for years. If I wanted to hit a fastball over 91 or 92 mph I would have to swing when the pitcher let the ball go and hope it was in the strike zone. That is with pitch speed turned all the way down.

I pretty much gave up hitting fastballs and only looked for off speed stuff.

To give you an idea, when using meter pitching I had to train myself to wait with the new tv because I was used to the timing on the old one. I wasn't even half way to the line on the way back.

I have even started walking a few times a game.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:11 AM   #51
Just started!

If you don't have it on game mode, you'll never be able to hit fastballs. My gaming TV is a plasma and if I don't turn on Game Mode before I play this game, I can't hit or meter pitch. Game mode on no problem though.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »