Home

Old 05-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #1
Pro

shark547's Arena

OVR: 0
Plasma

So I am convinced that my plasma TV has enough lag to make it impossible for me to hit the fastball unless it is under 91 mph. I have the pitch speed turned all the way down to the minimum and if a pitcher's fastball is over 91 I have to swing as soon as the pitcher throws the ball.
Basically I am always late on fastballs. If I totally guess and swing right away I can get lucky every now and then. I don't have time to tell whether it is a strike or not. Which really sucks because I basically cream pitchers under 91 and can't hit off speed hardly at all.
My question is I am thinking of getting a Sony LED TV. For a comparable size I can get the Sony about a 1000 cheaper than a Samsung. Does anyone have any experience with lag on those?

On another note I must be doing something right because dynamic difficulty has me up to all most legendary.....lol

My current tv is a 50 inch Panasonic Plasma
I am considering Sony 65 inch 4k 900B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2015, 05:03 PM   #2
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Plasma

If you don't have it on game mode, you'll never be able to hit fastballs. My gaming TV is a plasma and if I don't turn on Game Mode before I play this game, I can't hit or meter pitch. Game mode on no problem though.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 05-02-2015, 05:35 PM   #3
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

I have a plasma and its calibrated.. I don't have any of those issues..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2015, 05:58 PM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I thought plasma TVs are getting discontinued...

Unless you have access to one of those ancient analog tubes, you will suffer some lags, and I think consumer LED/LCD TVs are as bad as they get.

I got Sony Bravia thinking I'd play The Show on it... the biggest mistake of my life as a consumer living in a consumer-oriented society at the epitome of consumerism.

If you hope to play competitively, I think you have few choices other than to go for a low-latency monitor (of computer, gaming kind).
Old 05-02-2015, 06:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Suvorov's Arena

OVR: 3

No true. Many of the newer televisions have gaming modes to reduce lag. I have a 65" Samsung that has a gaming mode and have no problem playing this or any other game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2015, 06:29 PM   #6
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvorov
No true. Many of the newer televisions have gaming modes to reduce lag. I have a 65" Samsung that has a gaming mode and have no problem playing this or any other game.
It depends on your sensitivity to lag though. The best The Show experience that I have had was with a CRT TV... there's no lag and it was pure joy to hit with that thing. The issue was that the aspect ratio was not right so the sides of screen were cutoff.

My Bravia does have a gaming mode but it just cannot compete with a BenQ that I use to play right now. Just because a manufacturer calls it a gaming mode doesn't necessarily mean it does it well...

Just saying because I was very disappointed by an LED in the input lag department.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:11 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 4

I have never thought about this being an issue until now. How would you even test this?
Old 05-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm having this problem too...

I have to guess crazy early, its super annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »