Home

MLB 15 The Show: Some Tips on How to Throw A No Hitter

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Some Tips on How to Throw A No Hitter within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2016, 10:57 PM   #41
Rookie

danwin's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
I've thrown 3 so far in my franchise this season.... the Cardinals. 2 by Wacha and 1 with Waino. Came close to a perfect game with Waino. An error by Wong in the 9th screwed that up. But I tell you what... each time I had to keep wiping my hands..... sweaty palms from the nerves and excitement.
I threw one against the CPU on All-Star difficulty with Michael Wacha also. The biggest thing that helped me get the no-hitter and throw several one-hitters goes along with #8. Not only mix of pitch types but mix up pitch locations. If you continue throwing in the same area you eventually will get pounded. Here is a link to my no-hitter with Wacha if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APcrCWvY12M
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2016, 08:28 PM   #42
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Some Tips on How to Throw A No Hitter

My no hitter this past weekend. Pitching with Shelby Miller and the Braves. Stopping a 4 game losing streak vs. the Mets. I started paying attention to the at bats vs the Mets lineup after the 5th inning. I would check my previous pitch sequence to the player at the plate. I challenged a lot guys in their hot zones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160126_125818.jpg (283.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Shelby Miller No Hitter Celebratory hug MLBTS 15.JPG (260.2 KB, 40 views)
Old 01-28-2016, 10:08 PM   #43
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

In 7 years of playing the show over 4 iterations of the game, I've only pitched 2 perfect games (both in 14) and one no-hitter (in 12). One of the perfect games was a rookie September callup, so probably as much fluke as it was talent. All three were southpaws.

So I guess my tip to all those who want to throw a no hitter is: Be a southpaw?

Honestly just try your best to keep it out of your mind and stay focused. If that doesn't work, try to imagine that you gave up a hit way back in the first inning, and you're just trying to get outs and win the game. The last thing you need is for the situation to get to you.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:47 PM   #44
Just started!

I threw one perfect game, and I was belligerently drunk. For some reason I can't do it sober.. haha. It was with a player in RTTS and it he was about a 75-80 overall.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:21 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee
I was lucky enough to pull of a no-no with Big Game James Shields last summer.

I think you need to add #11: Avoid collapsing when the CPU tries to screw you, i had a fly ball in the air to RF as the final out in the no-hitter only to have Aoki randomly drop the ball as he was camped under it so technically i had to get 28 outs for my no-no! Aside from overcoming testicular cancer, the deaths of both parents and being abandoned by my wife, mustering up the mental fortitude to get that 28th out ranks high in my life's achievements.
This is a funny post! Rock on with your cancer-free sac man!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »