Home

Commentary Thread

This is a discussion on Commentary Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2015, 01:47 PM   #81
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Commentary Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty Legend 99
I think this assumption is a bit PreMature, I have seen more responses from SCEA this year than for any other Version. They really are trying to go in the right direction, and the game (while not the complete perfect overhaul that many want) does seem to be correcting mistakes if they go along, the game is so much better than even 2 years ago. I will continue to look forward to every rendition of the Show until... well ya know, ever
My sentiment exactly.

I'm more than willing to look past mishaps in the game so long as the game keeps improving form year to year and so far, SCEA hasn't given me any reason to think this game won't keep improving as they iron out the kinks.

Also, seeing as the only sports games I really play are Madden and The Show, I can say 100% that SCEA puts more care into making this game truly great than the Madden team ever does. It also says something when SCEA still works in cooperation with this site while the team for Madden have stopped coming. So, more times than not, when SCEA says they're trying to fix something, I'm going to believe them. It might not be great right off the bat (no pun intended), but at least you know they'll work hard to try and get right. That's really all I can ask for.

That's part of the reason why I no longer buy Madden, despite being a diehard football fan, but keep coming back to The Show, despite not being a huge fan of baseball IRL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #82
Rookie

artvandeleghe's Arena

Honestly after now being close to 100 user played games in my Show15 Franchise, I have completely muted all commentary in game. The lack of variance is absolutely startling! For an example, EVERY GAME I have pitched, in the first inning, when my pitcher gets 2 outs, Matt states "You'd have to say, so far so good for the rookie/veteran" GTFO of here Matt, its tired by now!! It's just them spamming the same lines all game, every game and offers nothing to the product at all, just annoyance. Not to mention that they NEVER mention anything to do with my current season (pennant races, batting titles, whether a team is defending champs, etc). it's awful. I now just play with stadium sounds on and I'm content LOL. Has anyone else completely given up on the commentary in this game?
Old 08-07-2015, 11:27 AM   #83
Rookie

artvandeleghe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymadison
I have been playing MLB the show since 07 and the commentary seems almost identical but with different guys and this needs to change for next year, i'd love to hear some new guys in the booth who have some friendly banter like you have in real baseball and who also doesn't sound like they are reading from a script...please sony change the commentary and guys in the booth if you care about your fans and i know this isn't that important to some but it is to me....
Absolutely yes!! It's the MOST important to me, and I have bought every version of this series since it's been out. Hell, at this point, I'd rather hear a one-man Vin Scully commentary booth than these same 3 stooges that SCE throws at us every year. It's beyond stale and needs to change, so listen to your customers SCE SD
Old 08-15-2015, 11:36 PM   #84
Rookie

Agatorfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandeleghe
Absolutely yes!! It's the MOST important to me, and I have bought every version of this series since it's been out. Hell, at this point, I'd rather hear a one-man Vin Scully commentary booth than these same 3 stooges that SCE throws at us every year. It's beyond stale and needs to change, so listen to your customers SCE SD
Vin Scully would be amazing

Last edited by Agatorfan; 08-16-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:56 PM   #85
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Anyone besides Matt V would be amazing at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 07:18 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 2

95 percent of the color commentary is the same game after game. I think this is by design because the game designers just have enough color commentary to pass reviewers muster. You wouldn't know that 95 percent of the color communitary is a bunch off general sayings that when you have actually put more time in the game than is what required for a review. I wish there were at least two different game communitary that actually tried to be accurate instead of a bunch of generic statements that the game runs. It's like they just wanted to fill up the same game every time with commentary that sounds like it's specific but in reality is just a bunch of bull that makes you think the announcers know nothing about baseball after having played the game for awhile. I love it when I hear color commentary that I haven't heard. I know that all commentary would get stale after awhile but if they gave as much importance to color commentary as they do to shadows and graphics that the commentrary could be greate.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:46 PM   #87
MVP

I said it before, and I'll say it again. it's all on Matt. If you listen to Jon Miller call a game, then pop in mlb 2k8, you can't tell the difference, because Jon delivers his lines the exact same way; in other words, he's an amazing voice actor. It's not so much lines being repeated that bothers me, it's how Matt calls the show as opposed to his real life calls. So either they need to get more out of Matt, or find someone who can do the same job in the show as they do in real life. Indians radio man would be great, I want someone like that calling my homers! Or higher me... lol, I'd do an amazing job!
Old 08-16-2015, 07:51 PM   #88
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Pretty much this. Gary Thorne sounded pretty natural in the 2K games as well, because he always has that kind of inflection when speaking in general. He would be an interesting person to have a phone conversation with. I'd just ask him not to hang up haha.

Kruk and Kuip sounded terrible on MVP. I'm listening to them right now watching the Giants game on record, and they are a great duo. Not for like nationally televised games, but for a local broadcast and the Giants themselves, they are terrific. Please don't bring them back on a video game. The only thing that can do is run their reputation.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »