Home

MLB 15 The Show: A Look Back At What Worked and What Didn't

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: A Look Back At What Worked and What Didn't within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2015, 04:31 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: A Look Back At What Worked and What Didn't

The top 3 things id love to see... #1 - Relocation and Create-a-Stadium - At the very least give us Montreal as an option. I dont want 50 options that are trash like Madden. Make it realistic. If this means only Montreal for 2016 then so be it...can always add later on in 2017 and beyond. #2 - Bring back financials - Not everyone can take it, so make it a enable/disable type of thing. #3 - More emphasis on minors - I wanna know who the Top 100 prospects are plain and simple. We all know who they are when custom rosters are made but what about after?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2015, 09:15 AM   #26
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

I agree on the animations. I would love to see the pitchers stop taking off their hats after, nearly, every pitch.

Also, I really hope they finally fix the helmet ear flap for left handed hitting baserunners. I can't stand it when I see Jason Heyward or Jon Jay running around with earflaps over their left ears. It's so annoying to me.

Fielding still needs to be tuned. I'm fine with the concept, but there is something wrong when I have Heyward get 15+ errors during the season and then have it happen in the World Series, costing me a game. Animations need to kick in at more appropriate times.

Last edited by sydrogerdavid; 11-04-2015 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #27
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14
Been asking for it for years. Expansion mode (offline franchise please but maybe can still play with team online) would just blow this game up. Create team, jersey, location, stadium and expansion draft. Even if the team logos and stadiums are pre-created by SCEA I would be fine to start out with. All-Star did it that same way and I was very deep into that mode and played it all year round.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:42 AM   #28
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

more stats and stat overlays. Pretty much what I would want added.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:07 AM   #29
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0

I know the team said it takes alot of room for create a stadium or add retrackable roofs and I understand this, but than at least get rid of the 12 or so minor league Stadiums and make Major league Stadiums so we can at least use diff stadiums as our home Stadiums if we wanted.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #30
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
I know the team said it takes alot of room for create a stadium or add retrackable roofs and I understand this, but than at least get rid of the 12 or so minor league Stadiums and make Major league Stadiums so we can at least use diff stadiums as our home Stadiums if we wanted.
Completely disagree with this. As someone who plays franchise mode and RTTS exclusively, yes I play my minor league games as well, I would stop buying if the minor leagues were pulled out. I love the minor league stadiums and for me they add immensely to the game. If anything I would like to see more minor league stadiums. Bring the count up to 30 so each team can have their own park to play in.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:58 AM   #31
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

One thing I would like though.

I know I am in the minority here with this. But I would like the 1st person mode in RTTS carried over to Franchise mode as an option. That way we could feel more immersed that we were playing a game of baseball instead of watching it on tv, if that makes sense.

The commentary, this year especially for some reason, is just really getting to me. Even my wife, who loves baseball and watches me play like she is watching real baseball on TV, commented the other day "Oh my God do these guys ever just shut up! The play ended like 3 pitches ago and they just ramble on and on"

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2
Good points, here. I'd like to see greater progress made on RTTS - Specifically, the injection of fun and depth. The spreadsheet analogy is a good one. Would love to see the game embrace more of an NBA2K "My Player" type of customization.

I'd like to see a video editor that can utilize the preset cameras in the park. It would make it easier to cut together highlight reels and share gameplay in a polished, stylized way.

Commentary is the game's weakest link, at this point. It's a couple years overdue and it really holds back the immersion. Coupled with new camera angles and presentation, and the game would feel fresh in a new way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »