Home

MLB 15 The Show: A Look Back At What Worked and What Didn't

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: A Look Back At What Worked and What Didn't within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2015, 01:09 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
One of the most exciting things about baseball is the pitcher and batter faceoff. This is where most of the action lies. I would love to see more umpire personalities (real ones) and uniform differences; blazers (spring/fall) pullovers, stances behind the catcher, etc. The catchers need more personalities also behind the plate, like the crouches (Perez) and umpires in left and right field for playoffs. Old time stadiums with old time teams and players. Better slow motion replays and enhanced during playoffs. FOX, FS1 and TBS presentations. Ejections which rarely happens even when it's turned on. Doubleheaders!
Old 11-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: A Look Back At What Worked and What Didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I dearly miss the newspaper. It made me feel relevant.

When you're a Mets fan before the year 2015, that relevance is hard to come by.

The new radio thing is a nice idea but it still needs a ton of work. It just sounds like a robot at this point. I'd prefer fewer facts and more analysis/commentary. Maybe even pull an ESPN and only talk about teams relevant to me. If I'm the Mets, who the hell cares what the last place White Sox are doing? Instead, talk about what the Nationals are doing, could do, and were doing, that threatens my position in the east. Talk about wildcard leading teams, etc...

But I digress.

Other things The Show needs not mentioned in the review:
- better ball physics
- better AI (particularly situation specific AI, baserunning, bunting, bullpen management, etc...)
- better fielding

Disappointed that the review leaves out some of these most critical things that currently aren't working.

And in fairness, I'm equally disappointed about the great things that were also left out, such as the streamlining of the scouting system, the greatly improved trade logic AI, and the new menu systems for the main menu and franchise mode.
THANK YOU!
I'm tired of these reviews that leave out GLARING issues. The game is good, but FAR from great and, in my opinion, not even close to the best of the series. In fact, this was the first iteration that I failed to get through 100 games, let alone a full season. Some of us play solely on manual fielding and the fielding animations and downright ludicrous errors made the game virtually unplayable in my eyes.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:20 PM   #35
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
No mention of the absolutely asinine change to post-season pitcher stamina? That was the single biggest reason I stopped playing the game. Grinding to make the play-offs only to have your starters go shorter and shorter the longer the play-offs went. I joked on twitter, that Matt Harvey's steller game 5 would've never happened in the show because after about 50 pitches he woudl've been dead on a user controlled team.

The fact that this wasn't a bug but a design decision is arguably one of the worst SCEA has made in a very long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #36
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
No mention of the absolutely asinine change to post-season pitcher stamina? That was the single biggest reason I stopped playing the game. Grinding to make the play-offs only to have your starters go shorter and shorter the longer the play-offs went. I joked on twitter, that Matt Harvey's steller game 5 would've never happened in the show because after about 50 pitches he woudl've been dead on a user controlled team.

The fact that this wasn't a bug but a design decision is arguably one of the worst SCEA has made in a very long time.
Wait. This really happens in the playoffs? That's...crazy. Seems like that should be something that happens in spring training, not the playoffs.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #37

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

The game needs more teams. Classic teams, national teams, foreign leagues, etc.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

I wouldn't say it's the worst decision SCEA has made, but it was agreeably a very poor and irrational one.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:20 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

I felt 15 brought the fun factor that 14 lacked. Can't put my finger on it. Agreed on the playoff stamina issue. Killed some potential big game pitcher moments.

Needed for 16:

1. New player models
2. Sounds of the Show. The in between out music needs to be done through SOTS, it's too repetitive otherwise.

Last edited by 2ndBase; 11-04-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:19 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Would love to see to presentation improve but I would love to see better player models as they seem kind of limited now. Also animations could be cleaned up especially with the batters and many inconsistent animations at the plate when they are checking their swings. It looks very unnatural and jarring at times and it is a shame that Pro Yakyuu Spirits does a better job at nailing this.
I agree. We are now in the next generation era. They should take a page from Uncharted 4. The humans are almost life like in that game. Please no more robot eyes. This is next gen at its worst. Also, fix some of the emblems on the helmets. Either they are to small or way to big. 4 years ago the interlocking NY on the Yankee helmet was perfect. Then suddenly it grew from steroids. What happened?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »