Home

Are non-name jerseys still not fixed?

This is a discussion on Are non-name jerseys still not fixed? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2015, 03:45 PM   #9
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are non-name jerseys still not fixed?

It just looks so jarring at this point. Like a game that came out 6 years ago or something. I have no idea why this is not a pertinent issue. I'm not even a Boston fan and that still very much bothers me. The Twins throwbacks also have no names and it affects my team as well. Issues with uniforms have been ignored for what seems like forever, and it's starting to make the game look completely silly IMO when they say it's more real than life. No, it really isn't, and it's not even 1/4 the way there yet.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:53 PM   #10
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

The jersey editor on NBA2K allows you to move #'s up and down very easily. I think The Show should scrap the template and go to a more free flowing layout so that they can place #'s in the correct location.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:12 PM   #11
MVP

forme95's Arena

Is the problem that the names arent on the jerseys? I guess I havent noticed. The indians have jerseys that dont have the names on the back. So maybe thats why I havent noticed. I have a bigger issue with how many hits hit the pitcher and check swings that make it to no mans land and things like that. Which bothers me more then if a stripe is missing or the guys shoe is tied left hoop over right hoop or vice versa. But now its got me curious just for kicks.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2015, 05:02 PM   #12
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Is the problem that the names arent on the jerseys? I guess I havent noticed. The indians have jerseys that dont have the names on the back. So maybe thats why I havent noticed. I have a bigger issue with how many hits hit the pitcher and check swings that make it to no mans land and things like that. Which bothers me more then if a stripe is missing or the guys shoe is tied left hoop over right hoop or vice versa. But now its got me curious just for kicks.
No read the previous posts
Old 12-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #13
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

The problem is the numbers do not align with the actual position of the number, and they are situated as if the name is still on the jersey. It's honestly just severely annoying at this point and another reason I may not purchase AGAIN this year. I WANT to preorder this thing. But there is no way in hell I am preordering anything or even buying the game to find out the Twins still don't have a damn stripe on the leg away jerseys. I simply refuse to play this game until uniforms are up to par.

Enough is enough. Get some hookups, get some people, and go through the entire MLB and fix this awful stuff. It ain't that hard. No, it really isn't and don't tell me it is. This ain't rewriting a physics engine. It's friggin' uniform numbers and details.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:10 PM   #14
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

The only problem I have with the names on any jerseys is that they still haven't figured out how to put in lower case letters, apostrophes and hyphens.

I'm a Mets fan. It kills me when I see DARNAUD and DEGROM, when I should see d'ARNAUD and de GROM!

Also, and this is a little nit-picky, the orange and blue stripe on the throwbacks is way to thin. It's like 4" wide in real life.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:40 AM   #15
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3

Turning into EA.....Eh it might be in the game....oh and here is a slow down gimmick this year....and player models and jersey templates from 6 years ago? Nah they look FINE!

Oh but don't worry, we put 10,000 individual hairs on some dudes beard......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 05:01 PM   #16
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

I actually am hoping they just completely ignore the ridiculous new D'Backs uniforms and just use the ones from the last year in the game. Would serve them right

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »