Home

Are non-name jerseys still not fixed?

This is a discussion on Are non-name jerseys still not fixed? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #33
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are non-name jerseys still not fixed?

Nah you don't get it bud. I don't PLAY ANY new baseball nor do I preorder anymore, something I did every year with Show until 14, which was just an obvious new console port game.

I play 12 with a buddy. With the updated rosters we just usually play double AA Twins with Sano and such. Fine by me.

Until they take uniforms seriously I cannot take the game seriously anymore. And hey it's not like I am trying to say the devs are bad and the game is bad or anything. I love the game and cannot wait until I can come back to it and preorder again for all their hard work.

But at this point it's a no go with the templates and lack of accurate road uniform for Twins. When it's fixed I will be more than happy to hand over some cash. Hell even a deluxe digital version.

And stop with this hyperbole of I am missing out on a great game lol. Show 14 was garbage and 15 barely was there for a next gen sports game. I ain't missing out on anything in my world. This is the first year I would miss out on what I would call a great game if they don't have the time to fix uniforms.

And I can miss out. I have hundreds of other games to play. Literally, hundreds. I'll wait as long as they are willing to wait. If it never happens then whatever I find something else to do.

I'm not going to blame the stadium guys or the physics guys for this. I'm blaming the uniform guys because honestly they do a poor job. It's as simple as that. Poor job. Mediocre. Not up to par. Modders would have fixed whatever they have missed years ago if possible. It's not a statement of anger or anything like that. It's the simple truth.

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 12-15-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:46 PM   #34
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
Nah you don't get it bud. I don't PLAY ANY new baseball nor do I preorder anymore, something I did every year with Show until 14, which was just an obvious new console port game.

I play 12 with a buddy. With the updated rosters we just usually play double AA Twins with Sano and such. Fine by me.

Until they take uniforms seriously I cannot take the game seriously anymore. And hey it's not like I am trying to say the devs are bad and the game is bad or anything. I love the game and cannot wait until I can come back to it and preorder again for all their hard work.

But at this point it's a no go with the templates and lack of accurate road uniform for Twins. When it's fixed I will be more than happy to hand over some cash. Hell even a deluxe digital version.

And stop with this hyperbole of I am missing out on a great game lol. Show 14 was garbage and 15 barely was there for a next gen sports game. I ain't missing out on anything in my world. This is the first year I would miss out on what I would call a great game if they don't have the time to fix uniforms.

And I can miss out. I have hundreds of other games to play. Literally, hundreds. I'll wait as long as they are willing to wait. If it never happens then whatever I find something else to do.

I'm not going to blame the stadium guys or the physics guys for this. I'm blaming the uniform guys because honestly they do a poor job. It's as simple as that. Poor job. Mediocre. Not up to par. Modders would have fixed whatever they have missed years ago if possible. It's not a statement of anger or anything like that. It's the simple truth.
You don't play the new games anymore. So you're basically just here to complain about stripes on pants then?
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 12-15-2015, 07:49 PM   #35
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

Yes, indeed, you have it totally right. Now why did you bump the topic just for that. Lemme guess you are just here to harrass concerned posters? Mhhm. Nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2015, 05:08 PM   #36
Rookie

Gnome: I have been very vocal about this issue for years. It's a farse that they cannot add a simple stripe down the side of the Twins road pants. I even contacted the Twins to let them know that this game mis-represents their brand and that they should be aware of it. I figured it couldn't hurt, but nothing seems to be done about it year after year. I may skip '16 as it looks to be more of the same with old template. There are other teams, too. The Brewers have a thick stripe on their home/road pants, which in the game is pencil thin. Looks awful and unrealistic. Marlins, on the other hand, have a HUGE thick stripe on their pants. Makes no sense. Sloppy artwork. So, while the Twins uniform error is undeniably disgusting, other teams are suffering from the lack of attention to detail, as well.

Games such as Madden and the NBA 2K series have raised the bar in terms of uniform accuracy and realism on next-gen consoles. Even NCAA 14 on PS3 had more realistic uniforms IMO. The uniforms in the Show make the game look last gen, regardless of how many bells and whistles they had to it.

The folks who belittle your (valid) complaints are the users who just play for fun, who probably never played baseball in real life and if they did, probably played in blue jeans...without a stripe.

Here's to hoping they fix the uniform errors in 16.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:38 PM   #37

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeylomax
Gnome: I have been very vocal about this issue for years. It's a farse that they cannot add a simple stripe down the side of the Twins road pants. I even contacted the Twins to let them know that this game mis-represents their brand and that they should be aware of it. I figured it couldn't hurt, but nothing seems to be done about it year after year. I may skip '16 as it looks to be more of the same with old template. There are other teams, too. The Brewers have a thick stripe on their home/road pants, which in the game is pencil thin. Looks awful and unrealistic. Marlins, on the other hand, have a HUGE thick stripe on their pants. Makes no sense. Sloppy artwork. So, while the Twins uniform error is undeniably disgusting, other teams are suffering from the lack of attention to detail, as well.

Games such as Madden and the NBA 2K series have raised the bar in terms of uniform accuracy and realism on next-gen consoles. Even NCAA 14 on PS3 had more realistic uniforms IMO. The uniforms in the Show make the game look last gen, regardless of how many bells and whistles they had to it.

The folks who belittle your (valid) complaints are the users who just play for fun, who probably never played baseball in real life and if they did, probably played in blue jeans...without a stripe.

I've been a mod on this site for a long time and this is one of the crappiest posts I've seen and it doesn't even have anything to do with the content of your argument.

By taking a poor attempt at insulting others to make a point you make it harder for yourself and others who want to maturely discuss this issue going forward difficult.

I don't know you "playing" history but I both played in and coached in College World Series' so I definitely didn't play the game in blue jeans and frankly on my list of things to fix uniform issues is at the bottom of the list.

Everyone has their own list of issues and list of importance. If you really want to be involved in a constructive conversation my recommendation to you is instead of trying to belittle those you disagree with, actually engross them in an adult conversation. You might be surprised as to what you see from this site.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:53 PM   #38
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

That's all fine and good but bottom of the list lol? Come on now that's just being ridiculous dude. It's time these teams at least have accurate representations of their jerseys. On the list of things that the uniform guys need to get done this is tops. Period. I don't even see how it is arguable. The uni guys don't do graphics they don't do stadiums et cetera. Seeing iconic teams like Boston and New York look like this has to stop at some point. Whether it is this year or the next.... and yeah if you play on a team where their road or home jerseys are totally messed up you would maybe feel a little differently.

This isn't like OMG they released a game a year ago and it had problems. This template thing has certainly gone on way too long.

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 12-22-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:03 PM   #39

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
That's all fine and good but bottom of the list lol? Come on now that's just being ridiculous dude. It's time these teams at least have accurate representations of their jerseys. On the list of things that the uniform guys need to get done this is tops. Period. I don't even see how it is arguable. The uni guys don't do graphics they don't do stadiums et cetera. Seeing iconic teams like Boston and New York look like this has to stop at some point. Whether it is this year or the next.... and yeah if you play on a team where their road or home jerseys are totally messed up you would maybe feel a little differently.

This isn't like OMG they released a game a year ago and it had problems. This template thing has certainly go on way too long.

Again, it's all personal opinions man.

I want accurate jerseys as well but it's just not as high on my list as it is on yours and that perfectly okay. We all are entitled to our own opinion.

Could probably stand to leave out the "thats ridiculous dude" stuff if you really want to be taken seriously.

Conversations go a lot better when one side of the argument doesn't try and condescend the other.

And I'm speaking more to the post I quoted then yours.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #40
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeylomax

I think the point of video games is to play for fun, and to take you out of reality for an hour or two. I have work, bills, and everything else that goes along with real life. So when I sit down at the end of the day to play The Show it is to have some fun, and make me forget everything else going on for a little while. So with that being said, a number not being high enough on the back, or a stripe being too thin really isn't on my list of daily annoyances. As long as the gameplay is great, and it looks close enough to real life, I'm happy. As for playing baseball in real life, I really don't see how that's relevant to anything.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »