Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2016, 08:21 PM   #417
Rookie

Denzel Washington's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Wtf look at poll his post has nothing to do with completing a 162 game season??? Where was it ever implied playing all 162? You have a franchise mode that 500k play and yet majority do not complete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No need for implication when it is EXPLICITLY stated
Quote:
Perhaps the most iconic achievement in all of sports gaming is actually playing every inning of every game in a 162 game MLB season. Personally, I have only gotten to about game 100 before losing interest in the pursuit due to general busyness. So what about you? Have you ever done it? Do you have plans to try to do it this season with either MLB 2K13 or MLB 13: The Show?
Reading is hard

Last edited by Denzel Washington; 03-05-2016 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:22 PM   #418

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode & Gameplay (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Wtf look at poll his post has nothing to do with completing a 162 game season??? Where was it ever implied playing all 162? You have a franchise mode that 500k play and yet majority do not complete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Again though, I haven't kept up on the conversation so I'm not sure if you're referring to the poster you quoted or someone else.

The post you quoted was accurate but I can't tell if that's who you're talking about.

The poll was about who plays every inning of every game, that's vastly different than who completes seasons. We have posters who every talk about playing one game out of a series to get through the seasons quicker.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #419
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Wow, I got behind reading this thread and feel like I just finished reading through War and Peace. Some of these posts are giant!
Old 03-05-2016, 08:42 PM   #420
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Wow, I got behind reading this thread and feel like I just finished reading through War and Peace. Some of these posts are giant!
We like our franchise mode(s)!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-05-2016, 08:45 PM   #421
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
We like our franchise mode(s)!

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah but when people make Blzer's posts look like light reading, you know your in deep!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2016, 09:25 PM   #422
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream Starts Now - Franchise Mode

ok from what we know that DD and that other mode are the top two units in this game... they are the ones that make the game money due to cards and all that stuff that franchise doesn't really use.. and now to find out that the two NEW modes are DIRECTLY linked to DD is really not good news...

as someone said very early on in this tread... this is a huge franchise base site and we are still not getting the majority of the respect we deserve... deep dive into franchise my rear end... that was well anyway....

i really wish we could turn off morale in franchise mode...

also wish we coulld turn off card packs in franchise... or be able to put them in the market place... for those of us that are just wasting them when we play every day...
Old 03-05-2016, 09:42 PM   #423
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Except his very first paragraph insinuates that SCEA was lying about being able to store stats(the PS3 variable).....instead of what is more likely....they changed the way stats were stored by rewriting the programming for that which does so.
Veiled as it might be....it's there.

Which is happening more and more and is also..."getting old".

Man....I'm losing interest in O.S......something I would never have thought would happen.

Onto the other subject at hand...
I don't think Brian was saying to RID the game of attributes...but hide them....and you would know a player was a good contact hitter without seeing his 85 by....his scouting report!

The actual attribute is still there to drive the game....you would just be able to not view it.

That's what I got from his posts.

M.K.
Knight165
Ding ding ding

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 03-05-2016, 09:43 PM   #424
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

What I get from the stat based progression is this.

If a player has a 80 contact vs Rhp the game/team/organization/player expects that player to have a certain batting avg. lets say .290 against Rhp.

If the player hits that certain avg or close to it .280-.300, his rating remains the same. If he exceeds it and hits .310, it increases but not as much because the game expects him to hit Rhp well.

If the player hits below that certain avg based on his 80 contact vs Rhp and hits .260, the game is like "well you shouldn't be expected to hit like an 80, you should be lowered to a 75 contact vs Rhp.

Similarly if a player is rated 40 contact vs Rhp he is expected to hit around .220. If the player hits around .220 his rating is accurate and doesn't need to be altered. If he hits below .220 the game says your supposed to be bad, but not that bad, lower you 3-5 points.

If that player who is rated 40 contact vs Rhp hits well over his expected avg of .220 and hits let's say .250 the game is like well shoot we got your rating wrong, you obviously can hit Rhp so we'll raise your rating to a 50 and expect you to hit that avg now. But if you start sucking against Rhp again it'll go back to 40.

I don't see the problem here. It's not like if he's rated 40 and hits like a 40 should it'll drop even lower. As well as rated high and hits high. The real progression/regression aspect is when a player doesn't perform as expected, then expectations need to be changed, thus ratings change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »