Home

MLB 16 Franchise Progression/Regression Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Franchise Progression/Regression Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2016, 12:23 AM   #17
Rookie

newmich's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 16 Franchise Progression/Regression Thread

So after year 3 there are a few things already catching my eye. The 3rd year only had 4 batters with an average above .300, 1 above .310 which was a .312. Another thing that is catching my eye is the retirees. So far there have been 15 players retire due to injury (4 year 1, 4 year 2, and 7 in year 4). One last notable is the caliber of some players retiring, for example year 3 saw I. Kinsler 35 years old 86 Ovr, Fister 34 years old 87 Ovr, Y. Molina 35 years old 82 Ovr, and Wainwright 36 years old 84 Ovr.

Again this is just a glimpse of what is going on and things could change in the next 7 seasons. Also I would like to add that I did turn scouting on for this. I understand that drastically affects the ratings of prospect, but this will give us a good comparison to how well the new scouting system is/isn't implemented in MLB 16.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2016, 01:23 AM   #18
Rookie

newmich's Arena

So in year 4 I just had something weird happen for the first time. I was simming in September and I got the notification that I had an important message. I said no to stop simming and a few days later I got the notification again. This time I stopped to see what it was.......the Nationals placed Harper on the waiver wire! I tried to claim him think it was a revocable waiver and unfortunately I got him since it was an outright waiver.

So four years through and already we are seeing franchise rear it's ugly head. Seeing that I have never had that happen before I am hoping it is just some weird quirk but I am obviously going to be keeping an eye on that now as well.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:37 AM   #19
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Super disappointed to hear this...

Was planning on focusing on franchise this year. I alternate from year to year between Rtts and Franchise. 15 was Rtts year, and this year I was super excited for franchise...seems I'll have to wait for a patch.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:40 AM   #20
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9

Was planning on focusing on franchise this year. I alternate from year to year between Rtts and Franchise. 15 was Rtts year, and this year I was super excited for franchise...seems I'll have to wait for a patch.
Im pretty sure he is testing with 15 right now.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:11 AM   #21
Rookie

newmich's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Im pretty sure he is testing with 15 right now.
Yup I am just testing 15 right now so no need to worry I am 5 seasons done so far and will keep posting things I find notable as I get through to year 10. I did notice that Matt Harvey went from a 94 to an 88 overall from the ages of 29 to 30 and Syndegard (sorry for the spelling, I'm not at my tv) also dropped off in year 5. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I just figured I'd let you guys know so you can post your thoughts.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2016, 05:32 AM   #22
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmich
Yup I am just testing 15 right now so no need to worry I am 5 seasons done so far and will keep posting things I find notable as I get through to year 10. I did notice that Matt Harvey went from a 94 to an 88 overall from the ages of 29 to 30 and Syndegard (sorry for the spelling, I'm not at my tv) also dropped off in year 5. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I just figured I'd let you guys know so you can post your thoughts.

Well high fiving myself for overreacting. That sure is a relief!
Old 03-26-2016, 04:17 PM   #23
Rookie

newmich's Arena

Hey OS community,

I apologize for the delay since I last updated you guys on this experiment. Between working on my car stereo, having the girl over, watching the Badgers epically choke, and homework I haven't given myself much time to work on this haha. I might be able to finish simming everything tonight after work otherwise assuming I don't work on Monday I should have everything done before MLB 16 comes out at 12ET.

Thank you for your patience and have a wonderful Easter everyone!!!!
Old 03-27-2016, 09:02 AM   #24
Pro

MLB 16 Franchise Progression/Regression Thread

Hopefully 16 finds the middle ground with pitchers and hitters. In 14 most threw low to mid 80's and everyone hit over .300, in 15 most threw mid to high 90's and everyone barely reached .300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »