Home

MLB 16 Franchise Progression/Regression Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Franchise Progression/Regression Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2016, 04:47 AM   #1
Rookie

newmich's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB 16 Franchise Progression/Regression Thread

So every year when The Show comes out the first thing I do is I jump right into franchise mode and try to learn some strategies for scouting and free agency. This year I think I am going to do something different depending on the feedback I get from the community. Seeing as I am light on hours this week at work and don't have much homework as my final semester in college is winding down, I was thinking about tackling the progression and regression problems we have all been have for the past few years.

What I have planned is to sim 10 years of a brand new franchise in MLB 15 with either SCEA rosters or rosters from OS (the communities choice) and throwing one 99 overall 22 year old player in the mix (to be explained in a moment). I will keep track of the stats and if you guys want I can even post the leaderboards for key stats every other year or so on here to get a good view of the progression and regression of the Franchise.

Next, when MLB 16 comes out I will jump right into a franchise with either SCEA or OS rosters (whatever I did with MLB 15 for consistency with the prospect ratings), a 99 overall 22 year old player, and sim 10 years again. I will follow the same process I used in MLB 15 with MLB 16 and try to get a good glimpse at stats and pitcher vs batter ratings/stats as the years progress.

The point of this is that in MLB 14 we had batters start to dominate as you got further into your franchise, in MLB 15 we saw the franchise of the pitchers. This will give us a glimpse from week 1 of what we can expect from MLB 16 so we can try to work out any kinks right away and get the developers attention if we find any major problems. The reason I want to add the created player is because for the past few years I have noticed really high rated players drop off a cliff by the age of 26. That would include the likes of Trout, Kershaw, Harper, and maybe others and that really bugs me.

If this sounds like something the community agrees with let me know and I will start it right away after work on Tuesday the 22nd. Let me know what stats I should keep track of, what rosters to use, and anything else of concern. Plus if you guys would like I can stream while I do the simming so you can get an inside glimpse of what is going on.

Thanks for the feedback everyone ahead of time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2016, 09:31 AM   #2
Rookie

ghostofsparta15's Arena

Re: MLB 16 Franchise Progression/Regression Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmich
So every year when The Show comes out the first thing I do is I jump right into franchise mode and try to learn some strategies for scouting and free agency. This year I think I am going to do something different depending on the feedback I get from the community. Seeing as I am light on hours this week at work and don't have much homework as my final semester in college is winding down, I was thinking about tackling the progression and regression problems we have all been have for the past few years.

What I have planned is to sim 10 years of a brand new franchise in MLB 15 with either SCEA rosters or rosters from OS (the communities choice) and throwing one 99 overall 22 year old player in the mix (to be explained in a moment). I will keep track of the stats and if you guys want I can even post the leaderboards for key stats every other year or so on here to get a good view of the progression and regression of the Franchise.

Next, when MLB 16 comes out I will jump right into a franchise with either SCEA or OS rosters (whatever I did with MLB 15 for consistency with the prospect ratings), a 99 overall 22 year old player, and sim 10 years again. I will follow the same process I used in MLB 15 with MLB 16 and try to get a good glimpse at stats and pitcher vs batter ratings/stats as the years progress.

The point of this is that in MLB 14 we had batters start to dominate as you got further into your franchise, in MLB 15 we saw the franchise of the pitchers. This will give us a glimpse from week 1 of what we can expect from MLB 16 so we can try to work out any kinks right away and get the developers attention if we find any major problems. The reason I want to add the created player is because for the past few years I have noticed really high rated players drop off a cliff by the age of 26. That would include the likes of Trout, Kershaw, Harper, and maybe others and that really bugs me.

If this sounds like something the community agrees with let me know and I will start it right away after work on Tuesday the 22nd. Let me know what stats I should keep track of, what rosters to use, and anything else of concern. Plus if you guys would like I can stream while I do the simming so you can get an inside glimpse of what is going on.

Definitely. I spent way too much time last year editing pitcher potentials after the draft. Would like to know if I'm in for that again this year.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:10 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

I say yes as well. I suggest starting with scea rosters so you can start your 16 Sims asap

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2016, 01:29 PM   #4
Rookie

newmich's Arena

Thank you guys, I will get started on this tonight when I get done with work. I will post some information on the stats and ratings every two years to try to save space on the thread. Feel free to chime in whenever you would like, and if there is anything in particular you want me to keep an eye on just let me know. I am creating a separate save file after every year or two so I can go back and really dive into everything.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:38 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:

Use SCEA rosters. All your draft picks will be SCEA anyway.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:51 PM   #6
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
The reason I want to add the created player is because for the past few years I have noticed really high rated players drop off a cliff by the age of 26. That would include the likes of Trout, Kershaw, Harper, and maybe others and that really bugs me.
Um, what? Trout, Kershaw and Harper haven't dropped off a cliff in rating. Last year all of those players still remained above a 90 even by the age of 28.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:02 PM   #7
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Um, what? Trout, Kershaw and Harper haven't dropped off a cliff in rating. Last year all of those players still remained above a 90 even by the age of 28.
What about franchise mode, 5 & 6 years down the road, say 2021. Not season one, default roster.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-22-2016, 08:19 PM   #8
Rookie

newmich's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
That's why I mentioned it, I don't know if too many people have seen that or not. I personally have noticed that players that are 99 overall tend to regress fairly quickly at a young age. I have seen instances by the age of 31 Kershaw and Trout were mid 60s for overalls. I guess this experiment will answer that

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »