Home

2016 Franchise Issues/Solutions/Help

This is a discussion on 2016 Franchise Issues/Solutions/Help within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 07:29 PM   #1
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
2016 Franchise Issues/Solutions/Help

I admittedly have not combed through everything yet this year, but I wanted to start a thread to see what others are seeing and consolidate everything.

I love the Player Morale and need to really dig deeper to understand it.

Here are some things I'm seeing.

1. I do not see a trade delay option any longer. I'm guessing it was taken out. Last year after one of the patches trades were almost non-existent with trade delay enabled.

2. We no longer get stock is rising emails. I really miss that because it helped determine who moved in potential throughout the season.

3. The stats are great. Only thing I see is sb's are missing from sortable stats (they are after rbis)and I do not see a way to sort all MLB players. Can only sort by team. It would be nice to sort career stats by MLB. Also if a player is traded in season it lists TOT for team so you can't really see what teams they played on. Great start though..Really happy we have this now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
When viewing Player Stats, go to the Giants and then hit R2. Instead of jumping to the Orioles, it will take you to the MLB page, where you can sort the stats the same as you can for each team
4. Seeing relievers placed in rotation way too much. The cpu doesn't seem to pull up sp after injury and the pitcher they put in the rotation is the highest rated bullpen guy.

5. Sometimes lineup logic isn't making sense to me. I have seen McCann on the bench 89 Overall while 77 Overall catcher starts in his place. Thought maybe because contact ratings, but he was sitting vs righties and lefties.

6. Last year budgets expanded too fast. I patch corrected it. After the first season there is usually one or two teams that drop a 1% or remain unchanged. After that all teams regardless of record seem to gain 8-15% no matter the record. This causes teams to have way too much money that they don't spend. Here's an example of Mil. who lost over 100 games and the email states they receive an increase of 10% due to performance. I'm hoping for a patch to slow this down.

7. I like the trade logic. The only thing I don't like is players being traded multiple times in a season and players that are signed and traded. I would like to see MLB players tagged if traded so they cannot be traded again in the same season. I also would like players signed in offseason tagged so they cannot be traded to May 15th.

8. I want to look into progession and contracts more tomorrow.

9. I like the updated GM goals

10. I think there is something up with the trade and Injury slider. When I adjust both up one notch I get less trades. I'll have to look into it more. (Seems to only be when trade frequency slider is moved one notch up)

11. After a player signs a free agent deal, his prior year is recorded as TOT for team played instead of the correct team played on. The system must not change over the year until offseason ends so if they sign in December the cpu feels they played on 2 teams during the season.**This also occurs if a player is resigned in the offseason.

12. Some arbitration eligible starters being non tendered and becoming free agents. Mid 70s to low 80s overall players.

13. Stats missing on player card in the lineup screen and in game. Cannot see minor league players season stats on player card any longer. Need to go to statistics page.

Thanks to Soxfan for compiling these bug reports.

Inflated Budgets:*http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10123

Carryover Import Issues:*http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10175

Stat Swaps:*http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10019

No Delayed Trade Option:*http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10347

Can't View Uniform Numbers:*http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10373

Freeze/Crash in Carryover Offseason:*http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10267

Stat Overlay Glitch:*http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10593

Freeze/Crash during "Next Telecast" cut scene:*http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10673

Team played for incorrectly shows TOT after free agent signing http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10799

Starting players non-tendered
http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/11253
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rp1 (3).jpg (135.3 KB, 1407 views)
File Type: jpg rp1 (1).jpg (136.6 KB, 1426 views)
File Type: jpg milbudget.jpg (78.8 KB, 1419 views)
File Type: jpg milbudget2.jpg (134.4 KB, 1424 views)
File Type: jpg ari.jpg (114.3 KB, 1423 views)

Last edited by tabarnes19_SDS; 04-04-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 08:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2016 Franchise Issues/Solutions/Help

The main issue ive seen thus far is prospects barely making the roster expecting to be a star or ace right away. For example, I have a 75 overall, 20 yo, B potential SP who is unhappy and being lowered down to 72 solely due to him expecting to be an Ace

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2016, 06:58 PM   #3
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Been testing the trade slider and the data points that the one notch up is either reversed or bugged.

I used Last Live roster. Here are the average trades. The editing to post this didn't come out right.

It goes. Default slider. One Notch up. One notch less than max. Max

Averages
Quote:
default 1 notch up 1 notch less than max max
April 2.5 1.5 3 7

May 5 3 7 6

June 4 0 6.5 12

July 18 9.5 17.5 27.5

Aug 3.5 1.5 4.5 3.5

Sept 0 0 0 0

Total 33 15.5 38.5 56
The slider seems to have the intended effect up the scale, but not just one notch up. I'm going to submit a bug report for this, not a huge issue, but just in case you want to adjust trade slider an FYI.

Last edited by tabarnes19_SDS; 03-30-2016 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:17 PM   #4
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

tb......I'll be a bit busy....but thanks for diving into this.

I was going to make a dedicated thread with bugs(NOT for reporting...but for tossing things around....as sometimes guys have ways to fix it or work around it....for instance...sink4ever has noted that a carry over franchise with the trade delay on...still has it in the new version....so it could have just been a menu omission somehow)....but I was afraid it would turn into a ****show.

At any rate...the RP in the rotation problem is disappointing.
It makes running a single team franchise quite aggravating.
I hope they fix this.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-30-2016, 07:17 PM   #5
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

There seems to be an issue for some(me included) where importing your '15 season results in incorrect rosters, which effectively ruins the whole idea. It also adds another layer or decision for us busy folk - do you play your heart out in the franchise to get to the next season, or do you wait because you can import your old season? You're unsure now, and that is not right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 07:22 PM   #6
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I do not see a way to sort all MLB players. Can only sort by team. It would be nice to sort career stats by MLB.
When viewing Player Stats, go to the Giants and then hit R2. Instead of jumping to the Orioles, it will take you to the MLB page, where you can sort the stats the same as you can for each team.

EDIT: Another interface/menu thing I hope is addressed is the current inability to see uniform numbers outside of going into edit the player. I posted it in the bug reports just in case something can be done before next year.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 03-30-2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: forgot...
Old 03-30-2016, 07:22 PM   #7
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
tb......I'll be a bit busy....but thanks for diving into this.

I was going to make a dedicated thread with bugs(NOT for reporting...but for tossing things around....as sometimes guys have ways to fix it or work around it....for instance...sink4ever has noted that a carry over franchise with the trade delay on...still has it in the new version....so it could have just been a menu omission somehow)....but I was afraid it would turn into a ****show.

At any rate...the RP in the rotation problem is disappointing.
It makes running a single team franchise quite aggravating.
I hope they fix this.

M.K.
Knight165
Thanks. Yeah that's the point here. Usually there are some work arounds we can find. Nothing huge. The trade slider seems to be only on one notch up thats its bugged out.

I'm glad to hear about the trade delay...hopefully that gets addressed. I'll have to test with a carryover to see if we get stock is rising and dropping emails. I really miss those maybe that was an oversight as well.

Hopefully Luis tames back budgets too. It was like this at launch last year as well and they patched it to make it much tighter.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:24 PM   #8
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
When viewing Player Stats, go to the Giants and then hit R2. Instead of jumping to the Orioles, it will take you to the MLB page, where you can sort the stats the same as you can for each team.

Nice find!!!!! Awesome just made my day!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »