Home

2015 or 2016???

This is a discussion on 2015 or 2016??? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 04:46 PM   #9
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 2015 or 2016???

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
people are disappointed with this game?

wow must be hard to please.. this game is awesome from what I played 4 games so far last night
Depends on how one looks at it. If one is expecting a certain feature and/or improvement to specific area(s) of the game and unfortunately time didn't permit developers to make notable strides, then it would make sense those gamers would and could be disappointed.

Personally, I am still waiting for drastic improvements to all pitching motion and improved player models and infielder/outfielder throwing motion. Considering those two have not been effectively touch, I for one am disappointed. I skipped 15 and hoping 16 would be the savior. This is not to say the improvements made are not appreciated, they are very much appreciated, but specific improvements that I was looking for weren't present in 16.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 03-30-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:55 PM   #10
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgess
2015 or 2016???
Both. And I'm even stll playing 2014
#44Syracuse
Old 03-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #11
Rookie

IMO, very good game, though not perfect. My biggest gripe is there seems to be more bugs in this game than previous ones. Otherwise, worth buying. My three cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 05:04 PM   #12
Pro

stevostl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Depends on how one looks at it. If one is expecting a certain feature and/or improvement to specific area(s) of the game and unfortunately time didn't permit developers to make notable strides, then it would make sense those gamers would and could be disappointed.

Personally, I am still waiting for drastic improvements to all pitching motion and improved player models. Considering those two have not been effectively touch, I for one am disappointed. I skipped 15 and hoping 16 would be the savior. This is not to say the improvements made are not appreciated, they are very much appreciated, but specific improvements that I was looking for weren't present in 16.
that's true.. and for me it's easily impressive because the last baseball game I played was MLB 08 on the PS3. I also compare it to the other recent sports games that have released.... Madden, FIFA, PES, NHL, NBA2K and I already can tell this game is better than all of them imo

I can see how someone who buys every MLB show game every year be slightly disappointed in a feature... but for me this is the best baseball game I have played easily. I quit playing baseball games for awhile though.. but I grew up with Coleco vision basebal... Ken Griffey's jr... RBI.. bases Loaded.. Sports Talk baseball.. . MVP baseball.. WOrld Series baseball.. played them all.. even 2k's recent.. this is the best by far and also the best sports game over FIFA16 and NBA2K16 from the last year to release so in that regard I think it's hard to imagine disappointment for me

to me this is a game someone should that hasn't bought a PS4 or Xbox one yet should buy a new console for..

Last edited by stevostl; 03-30-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:11 PM   #13
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I've never based my video game purchases on someone else's opinion. If you want to buy it, then go for it. What I've noticed here is that people will complain about anything so take what they say with a grain of salt.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #14
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1

It isn't that I am disappointed..I just anticipate that there will be things I like and things I do not..

I, like you, have bought every edition since the start (except 14) and every year it has steadily gotten better..sure things have been removed, changed, added..but each year it has gotten better...Can current problems in 16 be fixed? I don't know..I'm not a programmer...Can this game be better? Yup..

But over the years I have come not to give into the hype..for any game..because when I do, I become disappointed..As gamers we have come to accept bugs on the first day of release..we've accepted that makers of these game want more than just your 60 bucks and focus their efforts on other areas of the game..
Old 03-30-2016, 06:48 PM   #15
Rookie

nemss316's Arena

OVR: 2

I really did not care for '15. The batting camera was difficult to read pitches, the pitches themselves were hard to pick up. Too many comebackers at the pitcher, the fact that there really weren't any hard doubles down the lines, etc. A lot of the games felt the same.

I've now played a handful of games for '16 and the hit variety is the best I've seen since '13. Seeing eye singles, only had two comebackers at the pitcher, and even had a wringing double down the right field line that was misplayed in the corner.

The fisheye camera may not be for everyone, but it really helps me recognize low pitches much better now. PBR lighting stands out big time, and the rain effects during night games is really cool.

Overall, this feels like the first big step up since the PS4 released. In every game I've played, each game has felt different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 07:31 PM   #16
Rookie

ccbarr's Arena

OVR: 1

I love 16 so far, I think it is worth picking up just for the rennovation to playing the field, just really fluid and lifelike, a player like Nick Swisher isn't going to rob you of a hit on a ball scorched in the gap this year for example.

I am mainly an offline Franchise player, and the upgrades to the mode are great, the morale system feels real, not like a gimmick, contracts are closer to real life and much more.

16 plays and looks fantastic IMO, as good as 15 was I feel like 16 is really the first Show to really feel like it belongs on a PS4. This maybe doesn't make sense, I just feel like this is the game I imagined playing when I bought my PS4, 16 is such a full experience.

This is just my opinion, but The Show 16 is the best sports game I've ever played, and I'm not just saying that beacuse it's new and I dropped $70 on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »