Home

2015 or 2016???

This is a discussion on 2015 or 2016??? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 12:51 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
2015 or 2016???

I've purchased the new version of the game every year, and every year the game is better than the year before in terms of graphics, hit variety, etc. I was already to go buy the 2016 game, but after reading quite a few posts about users being disappointed in 2016 I'm not sure what to do. I really like 2015, and assumed I would enjoy 2016 even more. Now I'm not so sure based on some of the posts about being disappointed in 2016. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 12:52 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: 2015 or 2016???

Read this

http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877126

And make your own decision since its your money.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-30-2016, 01:10 PM   #3
Pro

stevostl's Arena

people are disappointed with this game?

wow must be hard to please.. this game is awesome from what I played 4 games so far last night
Old 03-30-2016, 01:18 PM   #4
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

I for one am VERY disappointed with some STAT problems but overall it's pretty darn good - a number of new graphics sort of suck and I don't know why they would fix something that is not broken and not it IS broken.

HOWEVER - there are a number of pretty nice new things that make it worth it. In game "last 10 game Stats" and so forth.

I think what you are hearing are complaints but the overall impression is very good. Just small brain farts on some features.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:26 PM   #5
Rookie

EmbraceThePace's Arena

The majority of posts I've seen have been extremely positive. Haven't seen too many people that are disappointed. There are a few bugs/imperfections right now, but overall, I think this year's game is an upgrade over last year. Very polished.

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/embracepace

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/izomniayt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 02:55 PM   #6
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

I haven't seen anyone really disappointed that it is not a good game. Only that it is very similar to last years version. Honestly if you haven't played 15 and don't care about updated rosters then I would say 15 is not a bad option. However if RTTS is important at all to you then 16 is a must buy over 15.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:25 PM   #7
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

Well - the SEASON Stats are embarrassingly simplistic they are so bad but I love 90% of everything else. The IN GAME SABR stats are like last year BUT FIXED. The SEASON stats really have no SABR stats except WAR and are missing all the good stuff. My ONLY real gripe that if it's not fixed I won't purchase in the future. Baseball is not only the game but the stats that go with the game.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #8
Rookie

This is easily the best MLB the Show game to-date I don't have that many complaints outside of missing uniforms or choosing CPU uniforms in RTTS, doppleganger faces for minor league players in RTTS, and missing STATS. Everything else is solid though. So many things were improved upon from last year and the thing I really like is when a game sets itself up for potential to keep improving every year.

The only two things that I really need to see in the future is a Create-A-Ballpark feature that's like building a house on The Sims, Owner's Mode, or snow and cold weather breathing.

I gave this game a 9/10 as it's the best baseball playing experience I've had since MVP Baseball 2005 more than 10 years ago. It was very well worth buying a PS4 just to play this game. I wish SD Studios could make a football game man it would epic if they can cut a deal to do a college football game and later get the rights to the NFL and give EA Madden some real competition.

Most of the reviews I've seen are positive and favorable not many bad reviews out there if any.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »