Home

Baserunning

This is a discussion on Baserunning within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 12:59 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Baserunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokines3
I noticed that too while testing out auto. I'm a long time holdout on classic baserunning, and I have to say I'm not happy that they did away with it... I'm struggling mightily.
Classic still in the game, hit L2 or R2 (i forget) in the baserunning options to get to advanced to select it.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:15 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
Auto baserunning seems to be working fine as long as you don't touch any buttons related to runners. It seems that this year if you do anything manually (call for a steal, manually send runners to the next base, accidentally hitting a button) it deactivates auto running for the rest of that play. I found this out the hard way when I manually called for the runner to go on a 3-2 pitch with less than two outs and then hit a fly ball. The runner didn't return to the base like he would have in past years, so I got doubled up.
The auto base running is broken. I had all the issues referenced in my post without touching a single button.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:55 PM   #11
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I use auto BR and haven't noticed any problems in a lot of games played. Even on auto you can override the cpu running and advance or retreat runners manually. I don't touch any buttons and never have any issues that you are saying. Runners retreat on fly balls, tag up from 2nd or 3rd on a fly ball advancing to next base etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 04:37 PM   #12
Rookie

This is killing my fun with the game, it is certainly a bug.

I have auto baserunning on and have always played this way, however I have had numerous instances like the OP. There is no rhyme or reason. I have had base runners stand still on obvious base hits and then get forced out, I have had them dive back into their original base as opposed to running on balls hit with TWO OUTS. I usually control an occasional forced steal or lead off but this issue is not tied to plays where I do so. I stopped doing anything baserunning related before the pitch and I still encounter the same issues. Help! It's driving me insane.

I do not want to control baserunning so please don't tell me I have too. This feature should not have been messed with it, but now it seems broken.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:59 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2
Angry Re: Baserunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache
Does anyone also have problem with base runners. If I set baserunning automatic the baserunner sometimes do not run to the next base. If I have a Base hit the man in the first base so not move to the second base. Don't know what do to. Is this a Bug? I think we had the same problem in mlb 14. Maybe someone has an idea to fix this.
That baserunning Bug kills the whole Game. Baserunning is a Major Part of baseball. How can it be, that the guys from the SAN DIEGO STUDIO have not seen that Bug. Do they not have a Quality Assurance. If You Test that game, you must normally see that bug. If it only happens by me ok, but I think I am not the only one. The game is great no question, but that Bug kills the whole game!
Old 03-31-2016, 05:58 PM   #14
Rookie

Yeah. It's massive.

I played two games with the Sox, and Brett Lawrie is 0-7 despite having had three base hits where people didn't run. I'm not gonna learn how to baserun manually just because the game is broken. This is how I've Played for years and they need to be aware of this and fix it ASAP.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:10 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

Hopefully they can fix it without removing the ability to override CPU baserunning decisions. I was really excited about that. I didn't see the issue until I tried forcing runners to go, but once it happened to me, it seems to happen out of the blue. Not sure if there is a 100% reliable way to reproduce it, but it suuuuucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 06:24 PM   #16
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

I have not been having problem like others have had, but they screwed it up like MLB 14 again where the COU decides to get picked off and steal everytime without me asking it to

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »