Home

Baserunning

This is a discussion on Baserunning within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 05:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon6 Baserunning

Does anyone also have problem with base runners. If I set baserunning automatic the baserunner sometimes do not run to the next base. If I have a Base hit the man in the first base so not move to the second base. Don't know what do to. Is this a Bug? I think we had the same problem in mlb 14. Maybe someone has an idea to fix this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 06:02 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Baserunning

I have same problem. It is happening at least 2-3 times per game. My runners will start to run to next base and then will freeze midway, especially on fly balls, but won't retreat to the base. They have also frozen midway between bases on base hits and won't advance. I had one situation with runners on 2nd and 3rd base. Batter popped to 3rd and they got triple play because my guys froze after lead off. I could not return them to base. This is definitely bug that needs to be fixed ASAP as I suck at manual base running.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:50 AM   #3
Rookie

nycyankeefan52's Arena

I think setting BR to auto doesn't work.I have to control my runners when ball in play. Also. L2 to look at runners on base doesn't work either.Plus career stats for MLB'ers are way off to the point of ridiculousness !! If they don't fix these bugs soon I'm returning my copy.I can't have a franchise with totally bogus career stats and no auto BR.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:57 AM   #4
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Yep just turned the game off from this bug had a game winning hit turn into an easy out because the baserunner freezed between 3rd base and home plate. In a baseball game this can be a game killing bug if it isnt fixed.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:01 AM   #5
Rookie

smokines3's Arena

OVR: 0

I noticed that too while testing out auto. I'm a long time holdout on classic baserunning, and I have to say I'm not happy that they did away with it... I'm struggling mightily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 08:07 AM   #6
Rookie

Cardinalsboy21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycyankeefan52
I think setting BR to auto doesn't work.I have to control my runners when ball in play. Also. L2 to look at runners on base doesn't work either.Plus career stats for MLB'ers are way off to the point of ridiculousness !! If they don't fix these bugs soon I'm returning my copy.I can't have a franchise with totally bogus career stats and no auto BR.
You have to hold L2 and then they will look over.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:44 AM   #7
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Auto baserunning seems to be working fine as long as you don't touch any buttons related to runners. It seems that this year if you do anything manually (call for a steal, manually send runners to the next base, accidentally hitting a button) it deactivates auto running for the rest of that play. I found this out the hard way when I manually called for the runner to go on a 3-2 pitch with less than two outs and then hit a fly ball. The runner didn't return to the base like he would have in past years, so I got doubled up.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Haansen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokines3
I noticed that too while testing out auto. I'm a long time holdout on classic baserunning, and I have to say I'm not happy that they did away with it... I'm struggling mightily.
I think classic baserunning is still available in the advanced options somewhere

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »