Home

Patch Ideas?

This is a discussion on Patch Ideas? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2016, 11:47 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Patch Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
That sounds bad. I wonder how many people use Auto base running I beat it is really low like 10% or something maybe even lower.
I've only played with auto BR (I don't feel I can react quickly enough to make the decision for 2-3 runners at once, in a key spot), but if you go over to the "baserunning" thread, there are quite a few people using classic and default mode that are experiencing the same problem. It's generally with two outs in important situations, it seems.

I love how you can override the auto BR, because in the past, the CPU would often be a little less agressive than called for on the basepaths. If it weren't for this issue, I think it would be a huge step forward this year.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:57 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KowboysUp
I've only played with auto BR (I don't feel I can react quickly enough to make the decision for 2-3 runners at once, in a key spot), but if you go over to the "baserunning" thread, there are quite a few people using classic and default mode that are experiencing the same problem. It's generally with two outs in important situations, it seems.

I love how you can override the auto BR, because in the past, the CPU would often be a little less agressive than called for on the basepaths. If it weren't for this issue, I think it would be a huge step forward this year.

want so what is the difference between classic and default then?
Old 04-03-2016, 12:14 AM   #19
Banned

Fix auto baserunning, and the ump never calls a strike on my batter on check swing appeals. They should have done better than this.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:18 AM   #20
Rookie

aparks87's Arena

OVR: 3

The difficulty in offline DD games (extra innings) has no variance. HoF is just as easy as veteran. Can this please be looked in to?
Old 04-03-2016, 01:01 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
want so what is the difference between classic and default then?
I'm not actually sure, like I said, I exclusively use auto because once there are multiple runners on, I just KNOW I'll screw it up.

Also I just noticed another thing which is not a gamebreaker at all but may be an easy fix...

In Simcast mode or whatever it's called, where you watch the simulation play out, Matt Vasgersian says "So and so, stepping in for his first at-bat" or "Player X, making his first appearance" almost every at bat, even if the player is on their sixth AB of the game. At least in spring training, maybe it doesn't happen during regular season games, haven't gotten there yet.

Again, NBD, but it kinda takes away from the immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2016, 01:25 AM   #22
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Off the top of my head here are a few :

- The option for delayed trades in franchise is missing

- The option to view your opponent's bench in game is missing (you press the button and hear a click but it doesn't change the screen)

- The jersey number no longer appears on the player card (possibly by design, but I would like it back)

- In the roster control screen when you change your #1 pitcher it won't replace him in the line-up. The only way to get out is for you to use the auto setting which reshuffles your line-up and you have to manually reset all four line-ups

Last edited by dran1984; 04-03-2016 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:12 AM   #23
Pro

I'd like to see a slider for cpu baserunner aggression, they seem overly aggressive right now.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:07 AM   #24
Rookie

AceAmy's Arena

Frame rate issues

Conquest ending issue

Preferably a few more stubs per 9 inning games would be nice

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »