Home

That time again (Immediate Bans Effective, Please Read)

This is a discussion on That time again (Immediate Bans Effective, Please Read) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2016, 08:01 PM   #9
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: That time again (Immediate Bans Effective, Please Read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
In terms of the OSFM thread, my personal opinion is it should be locked at all times and only updated by a mod when someone working on the roster has an update and then when the roster is done. Would avoid the constant pestering of those working on the roster.

The roster forum is seriously the most annoying thing every year with the impatient people.

Again, just my opinion on it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Is that what goes on in that forum? I know the people there volunteer their time to get the OSFM rosters out so its crazy if people are upset they aren't out.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:01 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I don't mind "hurting others" as you say because it's only a roster after all and nobody is actually being hurt. Good info can be PM'd or placed in a "good info" thread, but let's be honest...out of the thousands of posts in that OSFM thread, what fraction of them is offering "good info"--a vanishingly small amount--versus what fraction are asking when things will be done/telling people not to ask that--basically all of them.

I think the more practical issue is if you lock the OSFM thread, we'll see literally hundreds of threads appear to ask the ETA question. So what's more annoying? I don't think there is a clear solution although I do like the "no ETA" being added to the thread title. That seems to be helping.
Or ask if OSFM is going to be an OD set or up to date set. It would cause too much work. And I agree the NO ETA in the thread title is a good idea. And if it was like that from the beginning I think the amount of ETA questions would've lowered a little.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:13 PM   #11
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Is that what goes on in that forum? I know the people there volunteer their time to get the OSFM rosters out so its crazy if people are upset they aren't out.
It's not so much that people are upset, but that there is a huge cohort of OS people who have a burning desire to know at all times what is going on with the roster. I kid you not that the creators have put out a 'work progress spreadsheet' in the past to satisfy this curiosity--and you could see several dozens of people just sitting there in the document staring at what's checked off and what's not--truly bizarre imo. These very curious types neglect to realize that every interaction you ensnare the editors in is less time for them doing the actual edits that everyone is waiting for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Or ask if OSFM is going to be an OD set or up to date set. It would cause too much work. And I agree the NO ETA in the thread title is a good idea. And if it was like that from the beginning I think the amount of ETA questions would've lowered a little.
Yeah, the real losers in locking the OSFM thread would be the mods, who would need to swat away so many new, unnecessary threads all day long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 11:39 PM   #12

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Ultimately WTNY is right (well actually everyone is right), while it would be ideal to close the thread it would result in numerous threads started asking for a status which really makes no one a winner.

My utopia would be when people see those posts that they just pass over it and move on without responding. That's not the reality though. The irony is that while the complaint about the posts is that they clog up the thread when in fact the only thing that clogs it up is the ten people that respond to one post just to pile on and say what a dumb question it is despite it being an innocent question.

Hopefully having the ETA in the thread title will alleviate the questions but it won't eliminate them. It would just be better if we could all just ignore the posts and move on.

Last edited by kehlis; 04-06-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:23 AM   #13
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Ultimately WTNY is right (well actually everyone is right), while it would be ideal to close the thread it would result in numerous threads started asking for a status which really makes no one a winner.

My utopia would be when people see those posts that they just pass over it and move on without responding. That's not the reality though. The irony is that while the complaint about the posts is that they clog up the thread when in fact the only thing that clogs it up is the ten people that respond to one post just to pile on and say what a dumb question it is despite it being an innocent question.

Hopefully having the ETA in the thread title will alleviate the questions but it won't eliminate them. It would just be better if we could all just ignore the posts and move on.
I gotcha. It's essentially like every year, there is a Q & A and impressions thread for the newest "The Show" game, but people will still make new threads asking questions or provide a thought even tho there are threads dedicated to that. It does clutter the forums but some times I'll answer the question posed or ignore it completely because I know a mod will generally lock it and point to the aforementioned threads.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:28 PM   #14
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

One of the most irritating thing on these forums (if I may have one last complaint) is the closing of threads. I know I would be banned now when I lashed out when a valid thread was closed in mid conversation and I was told to ask the question in the Q & A thread which was getting 300 post a day.

My question was buried in 3 hours and I never got a valid response when I am sure it would have been answered with it's own thread.

There - I said it and will now shut up.

Don't be so quick to dismiss posters with real questions.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:26 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 0

This forum is more strict. There are other places to discuss the game that are less strict. Both have their pros and cons. For me, it depends on what mood I'm in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 09:33 PM   #16
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Not that my saying this is going to make any difference, but I am not in agreement with everyone else that this is a good thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »