Home

That time again (Immediate Bans Effective, Please Read)

This is a discussion on That time again (Immediate Bans Effective, Please Read) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2016, 01:50 AM   #25
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: That time again (Immediate Bans Effective, Please Read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I'd beg to differ. The bolded part is just not true. There is a very large cohort of OS that happens to slant high school/college age, young, and immature. It's the whole reason why this thread exists at this point. If we were all adults here, the Forum Admin wouldn't have felt the need to post this warning. The site deals with people "acting like idiots" by banishing them. Hence the warning. Justified, and common procedure when a new title comes out for the most part.
I feel that you should be focusing more on the part where I said that, as adults, we should be capable of handling immature folks on our own because that was the more important part of the argument. If you can;t deal with idiots and trolls without needing mods to be strict, then I can't dissuade you. I, however, am capable of dealing with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 05:23 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just coming in here to voice my concern over the moderators and posters who have made other posters question their ability to come onto an Internet forum and ask questions.

I'm not one of those real active posters, nor do I ask many questions. But for posters to be criticized and banished for asking when a roster will be released is an utter disgrace. If I, or any other poster, wants to come on to the OS MLB the Show forum and ask when the OSFM roster will be released, what is the harm? Isn't that one of the points of this website? To have members of the community ask questions. I mean, where else are they gonna be able to ask about the specific roster other than here? Everyone has to act like the cool kid, and tell others what they should or should not be doing huh?

Just been embarrassing for the OS community.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:39 PM   #27

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpagz3
Just coming in here to voice my concern over the moderators and posters who have made other posters question their ability to come onto an Internet forum and ask questions.

I'm not one of those real active posters, nor do I ask many questions. But for posters to be criticized and banished for asking when a roster will be released is an utter disgrace. If I, or any other poster, wants to come on to the OS MLB the Show forum and ask when the OSFM roster will be released, what is the harm? Isn't that one of the points of this website? To have members of the community ask questions. I mean, where else are they gonna be able to ask about the specific roster other than here? Everyone has to act like the cool kid, and tell others what they should or should not be doing huh?

Just been embarrassing for the OS community.
Picture this.

You are working on a massive project that will take a substantial amount of time to complete. You aren't able to pinpoint a time frame in which the project will be finished. You tell the people awaiting the project's completion that you have no idea when it will be done, but you will tell them as soon as you find out.

Meanwhile, there are people providing information and are being a useful resource for the project, while everyone else is flooding their source of communication with a question that they already know the answer to.

That is what goes on with OSFM. If I remember correctly, it has always been a request of the OSFM team that people do not ask for an ETA. There is simply no need for people to ask a question that nobody knows the answer to.

OS is certainly a great place to ask questions, as we have some incredibly knowledgeable members that are always willing to help. No one is "acting like the cool kid," we are just keeping things professional and organized.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:00 PM   #28
MVP

metal134's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGHerm
Picture this.

You are working on a massive project that will take a substantial amount of time to complete. You aren't able to pinpoint a time frame in which the project will be finished. You tell the people awaiting the project's completion that you have no idea when it will be done, but you will tell them as soon as you find out.

Meanwhile, there are people providing information and are being a useful resource for the project, while everyone else is flooding their source of communication with a question that they already know the answer to.

That is what goes on with OSFM. If I remember correctly, it has always been a request of the OSFM team that people do not ask for an ETA. There is simply no need for people to ask a question that nobody knows the answer to.

OS is certainly a great place to ask questions, as we have some incredibly knowledgeable members that are always willing to help. No one is "acting like the cool kid," we are just keeping things professional and organized.
I agree that it is annoying and frustrating, but I don't understand why you wouldn't just ignore them and move on? Why is that such a big deal to do?
Old 04-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #29

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
I agree that it is annoying and frustrating, but I don't understand why you wouldn't just ignore them and move on? Why is that such a big deal to do?
It's not nor should it be but that's not how it goes.

We deal in realities, not hypothetical's.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:08 PM   #30

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Because this is a privately owned forum, and this is a decision that we have made. The instructions are very simple, and we expect our posters to have the maturity to follow those instructions.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:31 PM   #31
MVP

metal134's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGHerm
Because this is a privately owned forum, and this is a decision that we have made. The instructions are very simple, and we expect our posters to have the maturity to follow those instructions.
What are you telling me this for? You can do what you want, I'm just telling you why I think it is a bad policy. You can have whatever policy you want, but I am allowed to think it's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's not nor should it be but that's not how it goes.

We deal in realities, not hypothetical's.
What hypothetical? There was no hypothetical involved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 07:57 PM   #32

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
What hypothetical? There was no hypothetical involved.
Because again, we have deal with what really happens.

Hypothetically, it would be great if users could just ignore posts and move on but that isn't the reality.

We have to work with what we're given. Not what we wish we were given.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »