Home

MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Here Are The Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Here Are The Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2016, 11:08 PM   #73
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0
Dynamic difficulty doesnt progress in rtts mode
Old 04-16-2016, 11:36 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Here Are The Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
You could always try assisted/manual baserunning.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmascarello
Your entitled to your opinion obviously. But if you dont like the logic with autobaserunning, why dont you just run the bases manually? Its not that diffcult.

I just dont get how that would deem the game "broken". But to each his own, I guess.
To say the game is broken is an overstatement. But without autobaserunning, it definitely takes significantly away from the enjoyment of the game because it is not functioning properly. That said, I fully expect that this SCEA will fix it in the next patch. I have tried manual baserunning and it is very difficult. For those of you who are used to using it, it is not. But for those of us who haved used now for many years autobaserunning, it is a major change. In addition, the reason many like auto baserunning is because we prefer more of a sim feel. We want some control over the outcome, but not too much.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:07 AM   #75
Pro

OVR: 5

even with ABR on i can still control my runners, whats wrong with running manually...Auto ANYTHING means you rely on the AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 12:38 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 4

As others have said, I use ABR because it's how I get most fun from the game. If I was using manual or assisted I would make silly mistakes and all feelings of realism would be lost. I've been using it without a problem for years. Why should I have to change?

Re those who have said that a buggy ABR is not a game breaker, of course it is! Yesterday I tried one more go at it. I was trailing 1-2 in the 7th and got my first batter on base with a single. Next batter hits a grounder wide of CF and moves to 1st - where he joins the batter already on base who refuses to advance! So I end up with one man on first with one out instead of men on 1st and 2nd with no outs. My rally fizzled out from there. The whole aim at bat is to get as many men on base as possible but this bug now has me feeling worried whenever I get baserunners because of the potential for disaster. I almost don't want baserunners. Totally ruins the gaming experience.

I must say I am puzzled by those who say they use ABR and have no problems. I know the bug is not caused by manually overriding ABR to steal or by accidentally hitting L1 or R1 because I have been playing making sure I don't do either. I wonder if it is anything to do with the mode we play. I always play offline season mode and that is where I have been having problems. I played 3 exhibition games before starting my season and had no problems. Since starting my season (all 3 games of it) I have been getting ABR glitches 2 or 3 times a game, seemingly at random. Puzzling, but anyway I have confidence that SCEA will patch the problem in due course and I will try to wait patiently in the meantime.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:41 AM   #77
Rookie

Zinger and Knich those are my exact thoughts. Glad to have kindred spirits about this and not 'just use manual baserunning already!' Comments. Hopefully it is fixed soon. I need it to work correctly to enjoy the game.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:44 AM   #78
All Star

Just have to say I am surprised that this patch did like nothing gameplay wise. Sports games tend to get 3-4 patches. The first tend to be day 1 and we don't really know what they do. Then we tend to get a 2nd patch not long after that is mostly online. Then 3 and 4th patches that are more for the offline modes and game play. This is the 3erd patch this year and it was more like a 2nd patch in that it did very little. Oh well I guess the game is already amazing.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:49 AM   #79
Rookie

yungkingston's Arena

Sounds of the show was making my game hard freeze like crazy!...Now it's fixed!...Thank you...peace.

Edit: Well spoke too soon...after I restarted the game, sounds of the show still hard freezes my game every time I try to change the track...smh...peace.

Last edited by yungkingston; 04-17-2016 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Spoke too soon....
Old 04-17-2016, 12:57 AM   #80
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Did it stop saying "first Major League Home Run" for well known long time veterans?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »